• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay - revised: wah wah wah

43 posts in this topic

so someone gives me a neutral because it took a while for the package to get there. admitted. most of that was because i decided not to mail packages until hurricane juaquin was over with and certain not to cause problems as I had some mailing problems with hurricane sandy. this was apparently not a good enough reason for the buyer. then i gave him an extra comic. he had bought a high grade mid-70s avengers issue and I gave him another high grade copy of the same issue. part of this was because i was not sure if the scan was of the comic i had described or the other way around as they were both next to eachother in the box, so i gave him both of my copies. me giving him an extra, albeit another copy of the same book, also seemed to upset him. a free $14 book would seem to be better than me tossing in a free $2 book, no?

[inaccurate portion re: replying to feedback deleted]

also, i have free shipping on the auction, so it's not like he paid $6 for priority mail or anything

Sounds like you went above and beyond in this case and I'd be irritated as a seller to get the neutral also. Good to know people get upset if they receive a free second copy of the same book.

well, i asked him if he would have preferred a $2 book vs. the one i gave him. i'm sure he will ask to have the neutral changed to a double positive when he realizes the error of this ways. not.

i suppose if juaquin had demolished the east coast like sandy did he would have been less grumpy and understood the logic here, but then again, maybe not.

--when did ebay take away the ability to respond to feedback???you can't leave bad feedback on the buyer's account, but you should be able to respond to the buyer's feedback on your account, and such explanation should show up just below the buyer's comments...

Can't we all just get along?

I should have given him your e-mail address so that you could explain to him the joys (and potential profits) of hoarding certain issues. My anecdotal "I have 10 copies of some issues" probably won't mean as much to him.

--when did ebay take away the ability to respond to feedback???you can't leave bad feedback on the buyer's account, but you should be able to respond to the buyer's feedback on your account, and such explanation should show up just below the buyer's comments...

They haven't taken it away ...

i don't see the option anymore. of course, i left him positive feedback already, but he did pay promptly and didn't try to commit fraud or blackmail, so i had no reason not to.

it did take 2 weeks to get to him, i admit that, but a solid 6 days of that was me holding back because i didn't know what the deal was with the hurricane which ultimately did a lot of threatening, but no real damage, in my neck of the woods.

it is annoying because many of the packages i had similarly held back got to their destinations 3-4 days before they got to him, even some folks just as far away.

They haven't taken it away ...

where is it? i see no button.

oh stop, i know you are thinking about writing an article for The Economist about the interplay of Game Theory and the Almost Ideal Demand System and how they provide a rational economic basis for hoarding certain select comics and why getting a $14 freebie is better than a $2 freebie. Actually, that does not require all that much analysis.

yes, i did, but probably not as soon as i should have i suppose. the delay is part of the reason i gave out an extra good freebie rather than just a regular one. i did have it stated in my ebay blurb thingy, but i guess nobody looks at that.

anyway, whatever, i know i am not perfect here, but he didn't need to F with my feedback.

I dont think you did anything wrong, it was a legit act of god that caused a delay. If the story is accurate, the buyer seems irrational

i suppose i could have just mailed it rather than holding it back. as it turns out, hindsight being 20/20, unless he lived in south carolina (he does not), there would have been no problems, but i didn't know that. alas, when i mail something to the west coast my packages seem to pass through long island and/or new jersey, which are the sorts of places that get blasted by hurricanes.

oh stop, i know you are thinking about writing an article for The Economist about the interplay of Game Theory and the Almost Ideal Demand System and how they provide a rational economic basis for hoarding certain select comics and why getting a $14 freebie is better than a $2 freebie. Actually, that does not require all that much analysis.

hehehe....

If you expected weather to delay the item getting to him quick. Whats the diff between it being in your hands or THE USPS ?

If they had it at least you could have shown you did all you could to get it out as quick as possible .

I dont doubt you had the best of intentions . But sometimes the buyers are as leary of Ebay sellers as we are of bad Ebay buyers .

If you expected weather to delay the item getting to him quick. Whats the diff between it being in your hands or THE USPS ?

----

my concern was item damage, not delay.

and actually, sitting around for a week at usps in delay is a lot more dangerous for a package than sitting around my house