• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Slade

12 posts in this topic

Hello!

I love this place. I have been here for many years. To people who have never visited this place, I describe it as a 24 hours a day comic book convention. You could buy stuff, sell stuff, read, learn, get in an argument, and best of all, make new friends who share similar passions as you do....mainly comics!

I am the creator of the graphic novel series Korgi published by Top Shelf Productions. I am also an illustrator and an artist as well who produces a variety of other paintings, drawings, and stories. So I want to make this thread a cool place to post new work as I produce it and make it available, and also explain my thoughts and what went on as it was created. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts about the work if you would like to discuss it. I would love to hear what people think.

I am launching a new website very soon which will make viewing and buying original art a breeze. So thanks for stopping by and I am looking forward to sharing this stuff and the process involved in making it.

Stay Inspired and Keep Reading Them COMICS!!

-Christian Slade

I also have to balance out all that cuteness with a bit of the scary too....so I sometimes create these little monster paintings with leftover paint at the end of the day. These three below are 6in x 8in. done in acrylic paint.

Shakes.gif

Sally.gif

Rocko.gif

Terrific work Christian - I really love it.

Your art is kind of like Maurice Sendak and John Wayne Gacy, and I mean that in a good way.

Steve

Wow. That is some crazy combo. Thanks fir the comment Steve. I am a fan of Sendak. :)

Woohoo! My new website is in a soft opening stage. You guys here get first announcement at it. If you have a moment stop by and let me know what you think. I ended up writing short stories for each of thenew Monsters paintings. Click each painting to read it's story. Thanks for reading!

Christian Slade

LINK:

http://www.christianslade.com

Great stuff my friend, I picked up all the books from you at tampa con. That doc ock you drew on the napkin was crazy in that pizza place lmaoooooo

Ramon

:hi: Good times! Thanks for picking up the books and great to see you on here.