• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New round of auctions

25 posts in this topic

looking like Heritage is leading the charge followed by ComicLink and in last place this time ComicConnect.

Thoughts ?

My main thought is I better sell some more stuff to raise the dough to bid! :D

looking like Heritage is leading the charge followed by ComicLink and in last place this time ComicConnect.

Thoughts ?

That's the part i haven't learned yet!

Thoughts ?

That's the part i haven't learned yet!

I learned it in the School of Hard Knocks, my friend. :cry:

There are a few comics I am watching but quite a few pieces of original art including one "must have" piece (although I am very concerned there will be someone else that "must have" it more :cry:

Heritage takes the lead position on this round of auctions and continues to lap the competition daily. It is like a soap box derby car racing a formula race car.

There are a few comics I am watching but quite a few pieces of original art including one "must have" piece (although I am very concerned there will be someone else that "must have" it more :cry:

Heritage takes the lead position on this round of auctions and continues to lap the competition daily. It is like a soap box derby car racing a formula race car.

I have no idea how HA seems to find amazing stuff for each of their weekly auctions. They are cut above the competition right now IMO.

For this round I absolutely agree. The material presented thus far, particularly on CC is sub par. Maybe in the next coming weeks we'll see a few surprises.

I have no idea how HA seems to find amazing stuff for each of their weekly auctions. They are cut above the competition right now IMO.

Adapting their Signature Auction format has certainly made a difference, and when celebrated collections such as Jim Vadeboncoeur's arrive (huge depth, mostly 1950s, but not premium grade) they usually go in the weeklies.

Adapting their Signature Auction format has certainly made a difference, and when celebrated collections such as Jim Vadeboncoeur's arrive (huge depth, mostly 1950s, but not premium grade) they usually go in the weeklies.

One thing I've noticed is how few people seem to bid on items in the HA Sunday auctions. Enough people so that there are few real bargains, but still the number is surprisingly low.

One thing I've noticed is how few people seem to bid on items in the HA Sunday auctions. Enough people so that there are few real bargains, but still the number is surprisingly low.

The bargains are rare, but they still happen. I always bid on a bunch of books because you can still get books at a decent price- especially later books. There are Bronze/Copper books that I've bid on dozens of times, week after week, until I finally get a price I like.