• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay help-saved searches

29 posts in this topic

I have several items in saved searches but have never gotten a single notification. And plenty of the items have gone up for auction. When I hit edit search it takes me to an ebay ad page. What am I missing?

Hitting "edit search" shouldn't take you to an ad page? That's weird. It should execute the search for you. Then change your search options near the top, then hit "save chagnes to your search". If the only change you want to make is to get email, just hit "save changes to your search" and a dialog pops up asking you if you want an email to be sent, which you can click. That's how it works for me anyway.

More-Options->Edit Email Options

should produce a pop up like in this picture. If on chosing that you change pages, or have something else occur.... It would be your browser, or browser add-ons causing it.

Switch browsers or computers to get it to work.

158293.png.9b911b03b260ee4e54292282ebe3f930.png

ebay rep is telling me you can only search with saved seller. this makes no sense to me-why was i able to click save search in the first place? htf do i know what particular seller is going to list the book i am looking for?

should produce a pop up like in this picture. If on chosing that you change pages, or have something else occur.... It would be your browser, or browser add-ons causing it.

did it

Ebay has told me basically saved search does not work. Had no explanation why there is even a thing called saved search.

did it

take a screen shot of doing it (hovering over the option)

then take a screen shot of what happens immediately after clicking.

post both here.

Ebay has told me basically saved search does not work. Had no explanation why there is even a thing called saved search.

I have about 20, get emails every day, and edited one while taking the picture for you. So it definitely works perfectly, and has nothing to do with any of the stuff you are posting ebay reps said. They are some combination of stupid/not understanding.

So, throw up the two pics I mentioned, and we'll debug it for you

xnvq02.png

2ccxx7n.png

The other one does not have the error message and I still have never gotten any notifications

xnvq02.png

2ccxx7n.png

The other one does not have the error message and I still have never gotten any notifications

possible solutions I founding using what you posted:

For not receiving emails:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Unable-to-save-email-settings-please-try-again/qaq-p/19660569

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Tools-Apps/Can-t-change-my-email-address/td-p/19899648

For a specific search giving that error where others dont:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Tools-Apps/Followed-searches-with-special-characters-broken/td-p/19993480

things to try anyway

Let me ask you this-if you have a saved search 'comic book' will you get like 10,000 emails per day?

Let me ask you this-if you have a saved search 'comic book' will you get like 10,000 emails per day?

they changed it a few years back, where you generally get one email a day, with aggregated results. I do searches attempting to not got many results. Some times I get multiples, but its usually one per day per search