• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flex Mentallo finally cleared?

4 posts in this topic

I hadn't seen this anywhere yet, but I heard from a guy at my LCS that DC had settled the situation with the Charles Atlas estate regarding their problems with Flex Mentallo. Apparently, the deal is that they will be able to reprint the material if the character is not used on the cover or otherwise used in the promotion of the book. No word yet on when or even if the series will be reprinted, but I'd have to think it will be, given the demand for the original issues.

I hadn't seen this anywhere yet, but I heard from a guy at my LCS that DC had settled the situation with the Charles Atlas estate regarding their problems with Flex Mentallo. Apparently, the deal is that they will be able to reprint the material if the character is not used on the cover or otherwise used in the promotion of the book. No word yet on when or even if the series will be reprinted, but I'd have to think it will be, given the demand for the original issues.

what was the situation with flex?

Flex is based on Charles Atlas. Charles Atlas found out and sued. DC won the suit, but for some reason, agreed to not reprint the Flex appearances in Doom Patrol and the Flex Mentallo mini-series.