• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New cover recreation...

30 posts in this topic

This one was a comissioned piece for a forum member.

I'm not getting any faster, but I think I'm getting better with each one I do.

I *can* tell I'm getting old when I do these. crazy.gif

Anyway...Enjoy!

asm238.jpg

You're post confuses me. You did that recreation right? If so then it should be for someone rather than by someone.

Beautiful work regardless. I would love to have an AT#25 recreation. cloud9.gif

how big is the finsished art?

"Original Art" size of around 10.5" x 16.5".

I try to keep the top/bottom dimention between 16.25" and 16.5" and the side to side whatever they calculate out to be.

Golden Age would obvisouly be wider than a Modern. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif TRACER!!!!!

chaseamyagraf.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

We're gonna' give YOU a lightbox, some vellum and some Rapidographs and see what YOU come up with, Rhinestone! (I know you're just jabbin' him a little.)

It's not as easy as you think! Mucho-Grande control, and hand-eye coordination! Super Stuff Dice! acclaim.gif

893whatthe.gif TRACER!!!!!

chaseamyagraf.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

We're gonna' give YOU a lightbox, some vellum and some Rapidographs and see what YOU come up with, Rhinestone! (I know you're just jabbin' him a little.)

It's not as easy as you think! Mucho-Grande control, and hand-eye coordination! Super Stuff Dice! acclaim.gif

Yeah, it was just a little stooges.gif

Believe me, I can't draw a straight line. I think Dice's cover kicks serious azz.

That's why I'm not an inker, and why I love the computer. I like drawing the shapes, and fillin' em in. sorry.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I do enough work in Photoshop and Illustrator to get the urge to to yearn for the paint bucket when I'm working with large areas of black.

That and "undo."

Of course, since I usually clean up pages in Photoshop before I send them off, I could actually just use the paint bucket for that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Although if I did that then the originals would never look finished and I'd go insane. 893whatthe.gif

I'll stick with q-tips...

That's why I'm not an inker, and why I love the computer. I like drawing the shapes, and fillin' em in. sorry.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I do enough work in Photoshop and Illustrator to get the urge to to yearn for the paint bucket when I'm working with large areas of black.

That and "undo."

Of course, since I usually clean up pages in Photoshop before I send them off, I could actually just use the paint bucket for that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Although if I did that then the originals would never look finished and I'd go insane. 893whatthe.gif

I'll stick with q-tips...

I'd love to have an "undo".

I've managed to finish the last two covers without a single drop of whiteout.

I feel my streak coming to an end soon. I'm on borrowed time.

sorry.gif