• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling All 100 Bullets Fans......

26 posts in this topic

Haven't read 100 bullets for about 6 issues or so. Are the latest issues as good as the earlier ones? If so, I am considering picking up the book again. Love risso's art style. grin.gif

Yeah, the past few issues (since Counterfifth detective ended) have been a series of stand alone issues: Dizzy, Benito, Lono, Cole, Graves.....the latest one was about a nobody named Wiley. But, it looks like he is going to play a huge role in the upcoming issues.

I too am a huge Risso fan. I own two pages of art from the series. They are unbelievable!

Pick it back up! You know it's the best read out there! smile.gif

Chris

OK.....Time for my monthly request to talk about the latest Bullets issue...

Anybody pick it up yet? Looks like another great arc! Loop's in for some BIG trouble!

(I realize that this thread talks nothing about slabbing, condition, value, eBay, etc.....but, it would be nice to talk about actual comic stories once in awhile, no? wink.gif )

Chris

Dude...you know I love it...but as I'm reading it in TPB-mode, no way am I venturing into any discussions smile.gif

Don't feel bad,even if nobody wants to talk 100Bullets with you, you can still slobber all over those Megan Dietrich pics wink.gif

must say i'm loving 100 bullets at the minute...i've only picked it up recently ( last 8 issues ) so i'll not start any indepth conversation just yet wink.gif

Its been so highly recommended everywhere i just couldnt resist...much like 'Y' which is stupendious......my only dred is its ending!

Cheers,

Congrats.... on your way of becoming a lifer...although you haven't been in the 'hole' and made a VERY weird judgement call in naming Darth your 'prag' shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Nah, glad to have you here, guess you are one of the few 'early adapters' that still posts...

Congrats on one year. I love 100 B's, but I get all my new books about a week after they come out so I'm afraid to read threads about 100 B's because I don't want to see any spoilers.

well i just borrowed all of the issues (I think all, may need to get the latest) and am going to try to start read them this weekend (how I am going to get the time, I have no clue, but gonna try!) then I will be able to contribute something of substance to this thread! (hey theres a first for everything) grin.gif

Wow! I just read the 5th 100 Bullets TPB (the Counterfifth Detective) and LOVED it! What great stuff . . . I liked the bad [!@#%^&^], tough as nails, protagonist and the twists and turns that kept me reading until the surprise ending! I am too cheap to buy it on a regular basis (and would probably enjoy a collected story more anyway) but plan on getting some of the early TPBs too.

DAM

Yeah, Counterfifth Detective was great! I'm a big fan of Raymond Chandler's Phillip Marlowe. I though that Milo fit that mold very well -- the street-smart, take no [!@#%^&^], private . Great ending, as you said!

Pick up, "Hang-Up on the Hang Low" TPB next....great story and good set-up for the current arc.

Chris

I wish I had known about that auction. I don't look at eBay too often except the links provided here. I would say the buyer got a great deal on that little run. I'm kind of jealous. frown.gif

Chris

(BUMP)

New Bullets out yesterday! It just keeps getting better! I'll wait to talk about it 'til you guys get a chance to read it.

On a sadder note (for me, at least), the Risso webpage has been updated and the last 6 issues are up for sale....as complete issues!!!!! Arrrrrrrggggggghhhh!!!! I don't have that kinda cheese to drop. I want some single pages, dammit!!!!! mad.gif

Chris