• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legit Auction? TMNT books

20 posts in this topic

OK, you may have noticed my sig line used to mention Gobbledygooks, and that for the last couple of days it hasn't. That's because I saw this auction and didn't want to bring any attention to it. shocked.gif What do you guys think? Legit? Doesn't seem like the most knowledgeable seller, but that may be 100% innocent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2162974636&category=3979

I talked her into ending it at $275 w/ a 7 day return policy. I'm a little worried though in that she states there have been counterfeits? Anybody have any info out there? - help.... smile.gif

I don't have any info on how to spot the counterfeit's, but if she offers a return, it seems pretty legit. I checked her feedback and she had all kinds of high end comic material. I'd say this one looks ok.

Chris

What's the hell's wrong with me? I forgot to check her feedback. She seems OK - I was just nervous since she seemed a little light on the details in her emails. I guess it is probably fine.

In that case, I have completed my TMNT trifecta!! Only 500 copies of those bad boys, six times rarer than a first print #1...

$275 is a damn steal if they are legit grin.gif

Dan

Yo Bronty, there's no mention of the friggin' counterfeit for these books in the Overstreet! Also, if she was trying to scam you, why even mention it! Does the signature look legit? Damn, I thought that you were an expert! Sadly, that was a load of crock! tongue.gif

It's the first I've ever heard of these 'gooks being counterfeited. Of course, with only 500 copies out there, it's hard to get much info.

I never claimed to be an expert, a little better informed than most perhaps.... smile.gif but these two books I have never owned or even seen in the flesh before.

Dan

Yeah, dork tongue.gif

Anyway, I know there is no mention in overstreet, why do think I'm asking the Board? I know it's kind of odd to ask questions about one's own little collecting niche but hey if the Board doesn't know, who will?

Dan

You are asking the board about TMNT books? confused.gif

Sorry man, but you are one of the few who even care! BTW, you stole those books IF they are OK.

P.S. Next time, try getting all your thoughts in one post! tongue.gif

You are asking the board about TMNT books?

Sorry man, but you are one of the few who even care!

Judging by your avatar it seems that turtles are your thing... smirk.gif ..just 'cause they can kick that avatars azz don't act like you don't care about the teenage pizza eating freaks of nature... crazy.gif

Yup.

Been a good week for this kind of stuff actually - also picked up a set of Albedo 0-14, a graded Cerebus 21 9.8 and a raw Cerebus 5 that is supposedly a 9.8 - hmm, we'll see! wink.gif

Dan

I have an Albedo 0 first print. No yellow variant however. Will let you know if I run across one, but expect to pay big bucks. Won't be cheap with a print run like that.

Dan

Never, ever, seen one. Don't know anyone that has seen one.

Price would be hightly subjective but I would imagine 500 would be a starting point. Maybe more. Extremely difficult to say.

Dan

Oh boy - if I run across one I will let you know but that is not an easy request!! I've been looking for years! However, I do know how to spot the variant better than most so perhaps it's not impossible. I will let you know if I see one, but don't hold your breath smile.gif

Holding breath, getting weaker, turning purple, Bronty my man, youve got to attack this thing like I do my GI JOES. Like a hungry dog on a t-bone steak. Good luck. Keep me posted. laugh.gif