• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why the '90s rocked...

94 posts in this topic

Broncos won their first Super Bowl.

Damn, finally someone with sense.

Though the worst week to post it after last weeks embarrassment.

Patrick

Last week was tough. Hoping Brock can go at least .500 while Peyton sits, heals, and gets ready for a playoff run.

The Deadpool that Ed McGuinness and Joe Kelly brought into the world. Those are the books that should be looked for if you want to see where the character got his legs. Heck, the Taskmaster issue is just so freakin' good it is scary.

Those two were unknowns working on a character that nobody cared about at the time. Back then it was Lobo, Lobo, Lobo, and Logan, Logan, Logan.

The Deadpool that Ed McGuinness and Joe Kelly brought into the world. Those are the books that should be looked for if you want to see where the character got his legs. Heck, the Taskmaster issue is just so freakin' good it is scary.

Those two were unknowns working on a character that nobody cared about at the time. Back then it was Lobo, Lobo, Lobo, and Logan, Logan, Logan.

I'm pretty sure that Joe Kelly was writing one of the X-Men books before he was on Deadpool. Hardly an "unknown," but maybe not a household name amongst all comic collectors.

Just double-checked and it looks like I'm wrong. He started on X-Men later in the year he started on Deadpool. I'm guessing he got the X-Men gig off of the strength of his Deadpool work

That would be correct. The gig launched both of their careers.

Ed McGuinness also got a big boost in his career when he did Mr Majestic over at Wildstorm. I don't remember if that was what got him the gig on Deadpool or if it was vice versa. I seem to remember Mr Majestic being more recent than his Deadpool run though. I might be wrong.

Ed McGuinness also got a big boost in his career when he did Mr Majestic over at Wildstorm. I don't remember if that was what got him the gig on Deadpool or if it was vice versa. I seem to remember Mr Majestic being more recent than his Deadpool run though. I might be wrong.

Around the same time. Deadpool was in 1997. Mr. Majestic I believe was 1999. He did Hulk #471 in 1998 I think.