• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Tales of Suspense/Iron Man Books - CLOSED

189 posts in this topic

:news: RECAP on PAGE 19

Time for a Tales of Suspense collection purge...I've decided to cut off my "keeper" run at issue # 58...just before Cap formally joins the title...so I'll be offering up most of the 59-99 run. All the books are raw, mostly mid to low grade, with some duplicates. If we're still having fun after #99, we'll see where we go from there.

I'm guessing that it'll take me into the better part of next week to list everything. I'll plan to invoice after I finish listing books, but if you buy something and want to "check out" earlier, let me know...

As always, I'm trying to grade conservatively and price attractively. In general, if these books don't sell at these prices, I'm totally fine putting them back in the closet and trying them again at a later date (like, when Civil War comes out next year :headbang: ). But, if you think I'm off on something, we can certainly discuss.

Unless otherwise mentioned in individual book grading notes, all books are complete with no missing pages, cutouts, etc., and no known restoration.

- General Rules:

• No PL/HOS members, or any other "undesirable" characters at my judgment. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp. Don't assume that a book is yours until I confirm;
  • In PMs, a book is taken as of the instant that terms have been agreed to by both me and the buyer. I'll mark books SOLD in the thread as soon as reasonably possible;
  • If time is needed for a particular PM discussion/negotiation to play out, I may put a book ON HOLD in the thread; my definition of ON HOLD is that the book is not available for purchase by anyone else until the books comes OFF HOLD...therefore, I'll ignore any thread posts or PMs related to a book ON HOLD until the book comes OFF HOLD (i.e., there's no "queuing up" for a held book); in other words, if discussions break down on a held book, I'll post OFF HOLD in the thread, and then we'll start again from there.

- Payment:

• I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders;
  • Per the standard Probation List rules, I'll expect payment within 30 days
  • If you need longer than 30 days, I'll consider time payments, but PM me to discuss terms before taking a book if you need that.

- Shipping:

• USA:
    - Raw Comics: shipping via USPS priority mail, $5 for up to 5 books, $10 for 6 or more books
    - of course, if actual cost of shipping your package is less than these rates, I'll only charge you the actual, lower cost
  • Canada, UK or Australia: we'll figure incremental shipping charges for boxed trackable shipping (either first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and destination); please don't ask me to understate value on customs forms
  • Other international destinations: case by case basis...I'll need to see if I'm comfortable with available shipping options - PM to discuss

- Returns/refunds:

• General policy:
    I will accept returns for any reason, no questions asked, within two weeks (i.e., fourteen calendar days) of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them. You cover shipping cost back to me, unless I messed up. Note that pressing of books will render the book unreturnable, because the book will no longer be in the same condition as when I sold it to you. After two weeks, books are not returnable for any reason, except as specified below in the section entitled “Restoration and raw books.”

• Restoration and raw books:
    I will do my best to scrutinize all books for restoration, and I will disclose anything I see. You can presume that, if I don’t mention any restoration, then I didn’t see anything and I am selling the book as unrestored. However, it’s possible that I can miss something, just as it’s possible that you can miss something. So, I will offer a nine month return policy for any raw books I have sold as unrestored that you submit for grading that come back as restored (or conserved). Upon the return to me of the slabbed book within nine months of the date I shipped the book to you, I will refund your original amount paid to me (for the book plus shipping them to you). I will not refund any fees associated with grading/slabbing, including shipping the books to the grading company, or return shipping to me. Per the above “General policy,” if you have the book pressed in the process of grading it, it is unreturnable.
  • Note:
    These are general policies. Please PM me if you would like to negotiate these policies with regard to a particular book of concern.

For what it's worth, you can check out my kudos thread HERE

Thanks for looking/shopping!

Ed

Tales of Suspense #59 (Copy A), VF- 7.5, $200

small diag crease tip of LRFC and URFC; mild tanning halo around interior cover edges; deslabbed old label 7.5, comes with label

Iron Man and Captain America double feature begins.

tos59a_f.jpg

tos59a_r.jpg

Tales of Suspense #63 (Copy B), GD+ 2.5, $20 SOLD to Chadwick

comprehensive wear; multiple small moisture stains BC and FC; seems that the moisture left bits of the cover stuck to the first interior pages (from both ends) next to the spine; still fully readable, and everything held solidly together

th_tos63b_f.jpgth_tos63b_r.jpg

Tales of Suspense #63 (Copy B), GD+ 2.5, $20

comprehensive wear; multiple small moisture stains BC and FC; seems that the moisture left bits of the cover stuck to the first interior pages (from both ends) next to the spine; still fully readable, and everything held solidly together

tos63b_f.jpg

tos63b_r.jpg

:takeit: Thanks again :hi: