• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Does A Large Stamp Do To The Grade?

13 posts in this topic

To me that book looks better than a 8.0. As for what the stamp would do? It's allowable as long as it is in an "unobtrusive" place according to Overstreet. As far as I am concerned that stamp is in the most unobtrusive place on the book. It is not on any of the art. The art is unique to this FF book. The logo is not. If I had to guess, CGC would not deduct anything for this.

Let's say this book is a VF (8.0) without the stamp. How does a large stamp like this effect the grade in your opinion?

ff35.jpg

What would I think CGC do? Probably nothing maybe take off .5.

Me personally? I think the stamp is a little too big for my tastes (prefer date stamps over name or store stamps).

I also think it's better than a 8.0 grade.

CGC grade on that book might be 9.0, but it would be an unattractive 9.0 with the stamp and the sunshadow.

Would probably sell for a 8.5 (or one notch lower than the label grade) price.

Let's say this book is a VF (8.0) without the stamp. How does a large stamp like this effect the grade in your opinion?

ff35.jpg

very nice book, i would say 8.0, maybe 8.5...did you end up winning it on ebay yesterday?! wink.gif

Actually, I won. acclaim.gif

I was thinking that it would be an 8.5

ff35.jpg

very nice book, i would say 8.0, maybe 8.5...did you end up winning it on ebay yesterday?! wink.gif

Actually, I won. acclaim.gif

I was thinking that it would be an 8.5

893applaud-thumb.gif I decided that the stamp was to large for me. I'm glad to hear it's gone to a good home, and at a great price!

gossip.gif The seller is also a forum member. thumbsup2.gif