• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkees vs Beatles

68 posts in this topic

The Monkees are a novelty band with a few catchy songs. Nothing more.

The Beatles changed the way people played and listened to music forever. They also didn't need anybody to write their music for them.

Not to be an , but does this belong in here? It sounds a heck of a lot like a Water Cooler topic and not a Comic Related Movies, TV, and Video Game thread.

Hump the button if it upsets you so much.

Daydream Believer, Last Train to Clarksville, Hey-Hey We're the Monkees.

OK, now that those are out of the way... name a Monkees song. lol

I'm a Believer written by Neil Diamond and sung by Micky Dolenz was a great song...

Stepping stone was a big hit too! Let's be honest though. The Beatles were, or should I say still are the biggest most influential band in the history of music.

Stepping stone was a big hit too! Let's be honest though. The Beatles were, or should I say still are the biggest most influential band in the history of music.
Last night I wanted to watch some Beatles vids on the roku/YouTube. I kept getting this over and over:

"This video contains content from UMG_MK. It is not available in your country." :censored::mad::screwy:

Oh, and an internet pull to keep it thread-worthy...

beatlesdellcomicbook1964.jpg

Lovin these Monkees and Beatles Comic pics. Was reading that the Beatles threw the Monkees a party in 1967 when they came over to England and invited them into the recording sessions for Sgt pepper apparently they were fans of at least the TV show

Last night I wanted to watch some Beatles vids on the roku/YouTube. I kept getting this over and over:

"This video contains content from UMG_MK. It is not available in your country." :censored::mad::screwy:

Oh, and an internet pull to keep it thread-worthy...

beatlesdellcomicbook1964.jpg

That's a great book!

Mary Mary written by Michael Nesmith was covered by RUN DMC in the 80's Just announced this morning that The Beatles releasing a Blu Ray of Sqt Pepper recording session for Day in the Life. In the video you see Mick Jagger and The Monkees present at the recording.

"The local rock group down the street Is trying hard to learn their song"

"See Mrs. Gray she's proud today because her roses are in bloom"

I don't know why, but I always find myself singing these verses. Catchy, catchy, catchy.