• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade these Mad Magazines!

8 posts in this topic

They Look like VF/NM 9.0's to me for their age. CGC might put them in at 8.0/8.5's

Nice books! thumbsup2.gif

Actually Issue #57 might get away with a 9.2. I dont really see any defects on that one besides some light spine stress that doesnt break color. The previous issue those does have that wear at its LL front corner that I think drops it to the 8.5/9.0 arena.

-bounty

cool!

thanks for the feedback bounty, its much appreciated!. i like them very much. great covers in my opinion.

once they are "slabbed", is there a easy way to hang them on the wall? i would like to do that with my future slabbed comics/mags (of course with out damaging the slabs).

i guess i will submit these along with some of my others to cgc.

thanks again!

hi bond25, thanks for the input! its much appreciated

we shall see what happens next month!

also, wanted to ask (not that this matters, cause i dont plan on selling these); what is the ballpark range these two copies would go for in these conditions? i dont have any of the overstreet books and i believe i bought both of these for under 200.00 about 5 years ago.

thanks again.

hi bond25, thanks for the input! its much appreciated

we shall see what happens next month!

also, wanted to ask (not that this matters, cause i dont plan on selling these); what is the ballpark range these two copies would go for in these conditions? i dont have any of the overstreet books and i believe i bought both of these for under 200.00 about 5 years ago.

thanks again.

Man that is TOUGH to say. Ebay has allowed these books in fairly NICE conditions to go for fairly cheap to guide. I havn't seen much of them in CGC (not to say that they aren't out there, just havnt seen them), so I'm not sure what one of these in a 9.0 or 9.2 would be?

But it looks like when grading magazines 9.2+ is the Magic Range. 9.0 and below for somereason has a psychological limiter to it.

-bounty