• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this bad boy out Cap/Steranko fans!

24 posts in this topic

I don't think I'd mind that much if the cover was off-centered, but if the line went down the spine at the same angle. I don't like how there is hardly any line at the top, but it gets more noticeable at the bottom. Just personal preference I guess.

Even with the mis-wrap though pimpy, you have to admit that it is a beautiful book.

Even pre-cgc this book would have been a high grade gem. If the cover had been full color then I agree the mis-wrap should bump it down a notch (9.6) but all you have to worry about here is that black line.

To me thats the only thing stopping this book grading a 9.9! shocked.gif

but that is one of the whitest covers on a 1960s book I've ever seen

You're right FF. My copy suffers from yellowing. I had been looking for a copy of this book for a long time. I've never seen a copy even close to this white. It's a great copy.

Yellowing is definetly VERY common on white covers, and particularly on this book. I've seen tons of copies, and none have been as white as this.

I have a Spidey #68 that's very white, but not as much as this book. The contrast on the scan may have been played with a bit, although I don't doubt it's still super-white.