• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED. PRE-CODE READERS, ATLAS HORROR, CDNP, CHEEP!

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

offering SIX pre-code reader-grade crime and horror issues, including 5 Atlas-published issues, and one Crime Does Not Pay. Some of these have been in my collection for over 40 years, and only recently have been upgraded. I mention this to illustrate the difficulty in getting affordable reader copies of these particular books.

All good readers. Please add $5.00 shipping, regardless of how many books, for the lower 48 via Media Mail.

Canada and Europe slightly higher. No list ppl please. All come bagged, but not boarded.

First up is Journey Into Unknown Worlds #16 in FA condition; flat, supple, cover attached at both staples, a few small chips out of the bottom F/C, and wear at the spine. The B/C shows some wrinkles. $19.00

6dz784.jpg

Next we have Suspense #20 in G-, some gloss and suppleness, with three pieces out of the F/C, and the cover detached from the interior pages. $21.00

hs6g54.jpg

Another Suspense, #17, in FA; Glossy cover, taped at spine with chunks out of spine, covers detached. $13

2czo80i.jpg

Spellbound #21 in apparent VG; supple, glossy cover, off-white pages, however there is tape along the outside of the spine from top to bottom; $25.00

op030j.jpg

Strange Stories of Suspense, #12, post code, and missing it's original F/C, so grades as a Poor.

It comes with a copy of the F/C, missing a square chunk. There are apparent cigarette burn marks on several pages, and it's missing one half of a page with the text story on one side, and an ad on the other. All illustrated stories however are complete. Free with any purchase, simply claim it if you want it.

dvjxig.jpg

Lastly, Crime Does Not Pay, #63, about G+, cover attached at both staples and nothing missing. This book has an interesting bit of pre-code history, in that it contains Lev Gleason's self imposed censorship requirements on the inside of the F/C. $18.00.

mj1n4o.jpg

1zvep13.jpg