• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goals... What are they? by Tnerb

2 posts in this topic

There is nothing more difficult to a collector than changing ones own goals.

The past few months have been a time to re-evaluate my collecting habits. CGC has competition, and even though this new company has established a strong foothold in the grading market, they are in no way the reason why I haven't written lately; that honor goes to the person that put a ring on my finger. I was still able to travel to a few comic conventions this year, but this time my wife came with me.

At these conventions I wasn't worried about getting signatures as much as I was focused on finding high-grade-worthy raw books I wanted to collect. These of course were books from April of 1972...with a few others being from the New Mutants series that I love. I also decided to pick up a few that I only wanted for the cover, one of which I picked up strangely enough on the same month that a new Doctor Strange #1 came out.

Next year my goal is to complete my 45 books from 4/72. This means that I must purchase every single issue from Marvel and DC. This does not mean that they will all be graded by CGC before the end of 2016, just that I will have them all purchased. If I deem them high enough in grade I will send them in, unless a signing opportunity is available.

Other goals will be forthcoming, as well as thoughts and grievances, after all it's November and I have twenty-nine more to go.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb.

16989.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb