• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hows does this back cover effect my Tales from the Crypt No.26 grade?

8 posts in this topic

Hi All

Just sitting around today grading my E.C.'s and came up with a couple grading questions. This Tales from the Crypt No.26 is very nice and I would probably give it a 7.0 but then I turn it over and 893whatthe.gif The two tears are caused by some impact and do effect the last couple pages also. So what would you grade this?

Here's the cover:

742868-cTEMP.jpg

742868-cTEMP.jpg.7d66b8d11dab602f5a1f2e668107af82.jpg

I would say VG+ 4.5

I might even go as low as a straight VG - that back cover is a 3.5 at best . . . a real downer sorry.gif

but hey - great book! 893applaud-thumb.gif Love the Wally Wood cover thumbsup2.gif

Front cover sure looks to be in the 7.0/7.5 range, the back cover is a killer frown.gif and would probable drop this in the VG range.

Thanks All 893applaud-thumb.gif for the help. I wishfully gave it a 5.0 when grading today, but have dropped it down to 4.0 with a big "*". What counts is that this copy is good enough for my collection. yay.gif

Jeff