• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
17 17

8,600 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I think I only read one issue of Groo and it didn't grab me! Anyone a fan of Tintin or Asterix? Those two seem more akin to Barks.

Huge fan of Asterix, keep meaning to go back and read Tintin in order.  I read a lot of the Tintin books way back in grade school, but all out of order.

Fun fact:  Goscinny shared a studio with Harvey Kurtzman in the late 40's. 

On 10/6/2024 at 2:25 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I think I only read one issue of Groo and it didn't grab me! Anyone a fan of Tintin or Asterix? Those two seem more akin to Barks.

Try another.   It’s very good.   Start at the early issues. 

Love Asterix.  Read them all in the day when I lived in Europe and again in English when I moved to Canada. 

On 10/6/2024 at 11:37 AM, OtherEric said:

Huge fan of Asterix, keep meaning to go back and read Tintin in order.  I read a lot of the Tintin books way back in grade school, but all out of order.

Fun fact:  Goscinny shared a studio with Harvey Kurtzman in the late 40's. 

I have the Kurtzman biography, but I don't recall that. I'll have to look at that again. Interesting.

On 10/6/2024 at 2:28 AM, grendel013 said:
On 10/6/2024 at 2:11 AM, jimjum12 said:

"How do you tell if a Used Car Salesman is lying?"

Moving Lips Animation GIFs | Tenor

I've updated the joke for the digital age by adding "or their fingers are moving".

On 10/6/2024 at 1:25 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Love Astrix although I have none. Comic store I worked at back in the early 90s got some magazine size Astrix books in. They were fun. I've never collected magazine size books though.

On 10/8/2024 at 1:02 PM, Badger said:

Patrick Block is an underrated Duck artist. Don't see him mentioned very often.

block.thumb.jpg.5db7523fc9626b56bb374f3b73e0ec5e.jpg

I met Pat at a San Diego Comic Con years ago; nice guy. I also bought my current copy of Four Color 92 - Pinocchio from him. I wonder is he still actively drawing Duck books?

Pinnochio.jpg.d8e2aca9dc1ec4039b0c2a9731888aa7.jpg

On 10/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I met Pat at a San Diego Comic Con years ago; nice guy. I also bought my current copy of Four Color 92 - Pinocchio from him. I wonder is he still actively drawing Duck books?

Pinnochio.jpg.d8e2aca9dc1ec4039b0c2a9731888aa7.jpg

nice copy! When I did a google search on the stamped name, I got a lot of search results that I was definitely not interested in! :(

Here's my copy I got years ago ...

FC92.jpg

On 10/10/2024 at 10:22 PM, jpepx78 said:

nice copy! When I did a google search on the stamped name, I got a lot of search results that I was definitely not interested in! :(

Here's my copy I got years ago ...

Ha ha! Yes, an unfortunate name but apparently people's minds were cleaner back then as he was proud enough to have a stamp made and use it all over the cover!!

Edited by 50YrsCollctngCmcs

I don't believe I posted this one in it's now raw state. This one is a favorite. I'd always wanted a full Barks FC set but never made it. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

gHJMfwP.jpg

On 10/16/2024 at 11:58 AM, jimjum12 said:

I don't believe I posted this one in it's now raw state. This one is a favorite. I'd always wanted a full Barks FC set but never made it. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

gHJMfwP.jpg

Great story in that issue. Funny I was thinking just this morning that I had achieved the full Barks FC run with the exception of FC #9. I'm not in a rush to get one of those; it should be half price as it's only half Barks anyway!!