• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Thank you folks for the kind words. :hi:

Beautiful Jon - I was tracking that one and am really pleased to see that you got it. Now I'm after one...

Andrew, I thought about PMing you to make sure we weren't bidding against each other, but to be quite honest I figured it wouldn't matter b/c I didn't expect to win! My top bid was around $200 and I figured it would be clobbered several times over...I was really surprised that the book finished well under that. Anyway, it's a good sign...I'm sure there's a #20 out there with your name on it. (thumbs u

Jon, I thought about bidding and was going to PM you for the same reason. lol

But I got my nice #22 a couple of weeks ago and decided to let this one go. There's no doubt that there are some good duck books to be bought at remarkably agreeable prices right now. There's one in this week's Heritage that I want too... hm

ok, i'm obviously new to the boards, but i always see these dell ducks for sale at 2-3 bucks a pop. i'm sure that if it's carl barks vs. someone else it could get a premium. is it a case of high grade barks, popular/key barks covers etc...? what's the deal?

don't get me wrong, i'm more of a silver age and up guy. I can get certain things, I just want to know why barks is such a big deal and i'm way to lazy to use the search function!

if you're mad at me, just take a minute to look at olivia munn and you'll feel better.

I guess you have to be of a certain age to have grown up reading Duck Barks stories. Anyone who ever did certainly has very fond memories of those stories. There is a magical aspect in the book long romps that Barks created. Try reading any stories Barks wrote for Uncle Scrooge from issue 1 to issue 20 and you should get a clear taste of our attraction for his work (thumbs u

I am a child of the 70s too. Maybe a few years earlier than you. I also can't look at a book and tell it's bark. But I do read the disney books and some of the stories are just better than others.

Just getting back into it again. Was at a shop in San Diego yesterday. Picked up about 30 WDC&S and Scrooges for $1 each. Lot of reprints from the early days. Also includes 7 of the 10 Scrooges with "Life and Times of Uncle Scrooge." Savings those for last. Read Uncle Scrooge Giant today and it had a great story about Scrooge in the Yukon. Very in depth. Great reading for a buck. Don't have to worry about keeping nice. Can share with the kid.

But, in case you prefer the brady's:

3792985617_b4c19b085c_o.jpg

Edited by Kite_Fun_Books

Beautiful Jon - I was tracking that one and am really pleased to see that you got it. Now I'm after one...

Andrew, I thought about PMing you to make sure we weren't bidding against each other, but to be quite honest I figured it wouldn't matter b/c I didn't expect to win! My top bid was around $200 and I figured it would be clobbered several times over...I was really surprised that the book finished well under that. Anyway, it's a good sign...I'm sure there's a #20 out there with your name on it. (thumbs u

But I got my nice #22 a couple of weeks ago and decided to let this one go. There's no doubt that there are some good duck books to be bought at remarkably agreeable prices right now. There's one in this week's Heritage that I want too... hm

And at a great price! :banana:

wdcs161.jpg

And at a great price! :banana:

wdcs161.jpg

That was going to be the first in my collection!!

3918007837_ecacfcf221_o.jpg

Hey everybody just got back from the D23 Expo and had some Duck related pics to share. :cloud9:

They held a contest for the 75th Anv. of Donald Duck and the winning painting received a Duckster. Got to see the presentation and the award winner and the other finalist paintings.

Had a great time and missed taking my Pic. w/ the duck himself, just kept telling myself I'd do it tomorrow and never did. :cry:

Maybe next year. Anyway Enjoy. :grin: (thumbs u

85992.jpg.033760e40e2913fdc66eee8f15a5f458.jpg

85993.jpg.b222cfcac24cab727bd2870f58fb9ae9.jpg

85994.jpg.05e7347167250bf1b5743cb389dc2439.jpg

85995.jpg.6c46cd85012dc1d7be631494c8ede950.jpg

85996.jpg.a6046cce1b5f20f6e38f67cf54084880.jpg