• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

That's one tight grader to put VG+ on what seems like a very sweet copy :thumbsup:

It might be a Fine- but I think he graded it properly as there are a few defects not showing up in the scans. I will be going back to this store as there were some later mid 50's WDC&S I might need too.

New LCS with friendly service and deals!!

Uh oh. More competition for HG Ducks. Congrats on the sweet book :applause:

I`m no competition. The only reason I won it is because no one else was willing to pay more than my bottom-fishing price. lol

Do you have a scan of the back cover?

I have heard of the UK Mickey Mouse Weekly before, but I got a chance last week to buy one cheaply to check it out. It's kind of cool - some Gottfredson Mouse, a couple of DD daily strips, a Lone ranger page (all the interior pages are B&W) and some strips that I think must be of British origin; 'Skit, Skat and the Captain' and 'Pinky green our cheery chappy'.

Excuse the scan, this tabloid size book is too big for my scanner, so this is two badly concatenated scans! The book presents really nicely and I'm pleased with my $9 outlay.

MMW.gif

There are a couple of text stories. One is awful, a fishing story from the view of the trout, but the Ali baba story is actually nicely done, and has this interesting DD illustration to go with it:

mmweekly_ali_baba.jpg

Can't say I'll be getting into these bigtime - but if anyone sees the VE Day issue (early June 1945) drop me a PM - it would fit nicely with my war bond/patriotic covers.

OK, this is not Ducks or Golden Age but this crowd might enjoy anyway. At the following Disney Comics site the picture below appears.

PhantomPopeye

Anyone have any idea what is up with this, this one has piqued my curiousity for a long time. Is this just a way to protect the work one has done by throwing in a Red Herring?

106233.jpg.d14cb6a1633be30984a24149459cf0aa.jpg

It's been a while, but thanks to Heritage this week:

WDCS24.jpg

I was tracking this one. Thought it might be a barometer of what effect the weak dollar is going to have on the Duck auction this week. I think this is a sign of some strong results coming.

It's been a while, but thanks to Heritage this week:

I was tracking this one. Thought it might be a barometer of what effect the weak dollar is going to have on the Duck auction this week. I think this is a sign of some strong results coming.

$100 under guide. (shrug)

It is nice to be able to spend my money as USD though. :whee:

You're right I hadn't checked GPA (no comparables). I just glanced at the Heritage historical sales and didn't notice that they were Qualified. Not a bad buy at all. I still stick by my prediction that we'll see strong (not 2008) prices on Duck books this week.