• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

I went a bit of a Barks buying binge over the weekend. I finished off my Uncle Scrooge Four Color's with this:

UncleScrooge3FC495CGC8OW-W.jpg

Given that my Marvel 1961 - 1965 CGC 8.0+ project is winding down (only 60 more issues needed) I got it into my head over the last few days that I needed a new project and decided on going for the 24 Four Color Barks Donald Duck issues and picked up 8 of them. Not sure if my attention will be held long enough to complete this or not but here is my start

FourColor009CGC85OW-W.jpg

FourColor108CGC85OW.jpg

FourColor147CGC85OW.jpg

FourColor203CGC85OW.jpg

FourColor275CGC8OW-W.jpg

FourColor328CGC85OW.jpg

FourColor367CGC8OW-W.jpg

FourColor422CGC8OW.jpg

AJD

Thanks. Just looking at your sig line. Did you pick up any of the four colors you need in all the auctions this past week?

Nope - I'm cash limited and those ones would require $ needed elsewhere. I'm looking for midgrade copies with good eye appeal. Nice 6.5s would be perfect (and would go with my others).

I stand back and admire the 8+ copies from afar. (worship)

Wow, you're really in overdrive, Dave!

Well they are still a far cry from your Ducks but I am happy with them. Never quite expected to buy so many. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger as Duck books seem to continually go down in value.

Thanks for the kind words. I think the remaining books might be tough to acquire as there are not too many copies at 8 or above with off-white or better pages and I do not want to pay through the nose for them.

Still the duck books are fun.

I went a bit of a Barks buying binge over the weekend. I finished off my Uncle Scrooge Four Color's with this:

UncleScrooge3FC495CGC8OW-W.jpg

Given that my Marvel 1961 - 1965 CGC 8.0+ project is winding down (only 60 more issues needed) I got it into my head over the last few days that I needed a new project and decided on going for the 24 Four Color Barks Donald Duck issues and picked up 8 of them. Not sure if my attention will be held long enough to complete this or not but here is my start

FourColor009CGC85OW-W.jpg

I still need that Four Color #9 which I have had several chances to buy but never in that condition. Very nice! Ducks are still one of my favorites.

I like Batman, Superman Planets and Ayer's Ghost Riders but I seem to buy more Batman and Ducks than anything else.

Too bad Rosa never did a Batman-Scrooge crossover. It could be a good X-mas story.

I still need that Four Color #9 which I have had several chances to buy but never in that condition.

FC 9 pops up fairly often in that grade. I'm sure you'll get many more chances to acquire one.

After a few excursions from my usual focus this year, I think 2011 is going to be a duck year. (That's the plan - it will not survive contact with the sales forum...)

Here's a couple of warm-up books to round off 2010's acquisitions:

DD_26.jpg

wdcs_86.jpg

This came along with a Four Color 223 that I purchased recently. Since it is the only precise circulation figure for Four Colors from this period I have seen, I felt obligated to share the information.

107002.jpg.2afbafb945b0013b2996a974d59ada5e.jpg