• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,455 posts in this topic

3222341023_6ca674e2b0_b.jpg

Printer proofs for the Barks fc 147 story look pretty nice. Better than xerox copies I think.

And it is an appropriate page for those of us living on the east coast.

Edited by BB-Gun

I just picked up these two:

G359.jpg

G475.jpg

I might be the only person in the world chasing the set of eleven Australian editions of Fethry Duck. The G series (for 'Giant', although they weren't after the first half a dozen or so) was a bit like the Four Color series and had sub runs of various characters as well as a few one-shots.

With these I now have all of the Fethry titles. When my camera batteries are recharged I'll take a group shot. You may be underwhelmed at your leisure. :insane:

G359.jpg

G475.jpg

I might be the only person in the world chasing the set of eleven Australian editions of Fethry Duck. The G series (for 'Giant', although they weren't after the first half a dozen or so) was a bit like the Four Color series and had sub runs of various characters as well as a few one-shots.

With these I now have all of the Fethry titles. When my camera batteries are recharged I'll take a group shot. You may be underwhelmed at your leisure. :insane:

I don't get the appeal of Fethry Duck. What am I missing? I read some of the reprints in the WDC&S of four to five years ago and I just don't get it. Help??

Don't know if Guide is way out of whack or it's a function of CLink being a bad locale for this type of book, but this went waaaaaayyyy too cheap. Thankfully. :luhv:

e47d6e3a.jpg

Don't know if Guide is way out of whack or it's a function of CLink being a bad locale for this type of book, but this went waaaaaayyyy too cheap. Thankfully. :luhv:

e47d6e3a.jpg

It's a great book and I think Spielberg used this scene for Jaws.

2945986306_d36635fcaa.jpg

The latest addition to my WDC&S run. Back in October 2002, this book was listed right after a CGC 6.5 copy that I won. Now I have both of them.

I think it is interesting how the San Francisco, Windy City, and Denver copies appear to have been absorbed in long term collections decades ago. Geppi surely wouldn't have sold the Leonard Brown (Crescent City) copy unless he had been forced to do so. Now this 8.5 will probably also be off the market for the rest of my life.

Beautiful book - congrats! :applause:

G359.jpg

G475.jpg

:taptaptap:

e47d6e3a.jpg

:luhv: Very nice. What a great cover too

Jeez Louise... here you go. lol

fethry-1.jpg

Why do I like these? Well, I'm sure that nostalgia plays a part - loved them as a kid in the late 60s early 70s. But I also like the pacing - they are like a Jerry Lewis film, with a headlong madcap rush about them. I like the way that Fethry always talks Donald around to his idiotic schemes, despite Donald's better instincts and the advice of his long-suffering cat. I'm even in print in my appreciation of Fethry - in WDC&S #669 (which also records my faulty memory for posterity, but c'est la vie).

BTW - has O. O. Duck appeared anywhere else?

Edited by AJD

fethry-1.jpg

Why do I like these? Well, I'm sure that nostalgia plays a part - loved them as a kid in the late 60s early 70s. But I also like the pacing - they are like a Jerry Lewis film, with a headlong madcap rush about them. I like the way that Fethry always talks Donald around to his idiotic schemes, despite Donald's better instincts and the advice of his long-suffering cat. I'm even in print in my appreciation of Fethry - in WDC&S #669 (which also records my faulty memory for posterity, but c'est la vie).

I knew it.

You're French.

fethry-1.jpg

These bring back long lost memories from my own childhood. I guess we must be the same age since Fethry must have been one of the most era-challenged Disney characters ever. I liked the stories a lot, too, but it must have been over 35 years since I last read one.

About five years ago I decided to go for the first 71 issues of Uncle Scrooge - all of the Barks originals. Not long after I decided that my goal was to have them all in fine or better.

Last week these two arrived from fellow boardie ARK (thanks Andy!) and the job was done. These replaced lower graded copies. I might still upgrade a few others if the opportunity presents itself, but the ones I have look great. :cloud9:

Scrooge_011.jpg

Scrooge_019.jpg

Now back to the WDC&S (watch this space for a few new ones).

:applause:

Congratulations. Did you find finishing a little bitter-sweet? One task accomplished and now the urge to find fresh fields to conquer?

I know you've finished a mini-EC title run and you HAVE to be close to rounding off on the War Bonds issues, so what now?

I'd appreciate the answer in an open forum. Not that I'd play spoiler or anything :whistle: I'd like to think other members might "help" in the endeavour lol

:applause:

Congratulations. Did you find finishing a little bitter-sweet? One task accomplished and now the urge to find fresh fields to conquer?

I know you've finished a mini-EC title run and you HAVE to be close to rounding off on the War Bonds issues, so what now?

I'd appreciate the answer in an open forum. Not that I'd play spoiler or anything :whistle: I'd like to think other members might "help" in the endeavour lol

In order of the questions, your pushiness:

Well, in truth it's not quite finished. I still need to find a fine or better #6 - but that's so difficult I'm taking the view 'it'll happen when it happens'.

New fields are great - and the WDC&S will keep me busy for some time to come. I like having a big run to complete and a few small ones, which can keep the mailbox ticking over nicely.

I just bought the first book in one such short run yesterday - the 'picture frame' covers of Animal Comics #17 - 24. Eight lovely examples of Walt Kelly goodness.

Then there's the GGA Wings, EC sci fi and war...

Always another rainbow!

I just bought the first book in one such short run yesterday - the 'picture frame' covers of Animal Comics #17 - 24. Eight lovely examples of Walt Kelly goodness.

Then there's the GGA Wings ...

Always another rainbow!

I agree 100%. Always another rainbow and boxes to fill.

I just bought an Animal Comics # 22 (albeit low grade) so I'll be on the lookout to see what you catch from that run. Don't forget to post them as you get them.

And GGA Wings, ... well, who's not collecting those. I added a low grade copy of 90 at the recent Baltimore con ... but won't dare post it lol

:popcorn: on the Animal Comics and :wishluck: on $crooge # 6, amazing how tough it is to find in better condition.