• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 100

27 posts in this topic

Is anyone else here watching "The 100"?

Netflix just added a 2nd season and holy :censored:. This show is damn near HBO-quality. The complexity, the sci fi and fantasy elements, the evolution of the characters, dark themes and darker consequences.

I can't think of one thing about 'The 100' that isn't top-drawer. Seriously. Once it gets rolling it doesn't let up for a second. Extremely well done.

The%20100%202014%20S01%201080p%20WEB-DL%20DD5%201%20H%20264%20HKD%20Banner.jpg

the-100-recap_612x380.jpg

Very mixed critical reviews but overall positive.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-100

Keep in mind that's for Season 1. And I get that because 'The 100' starts off fairly typical, well done, but typical (at 1st blush).

Season 2 is where it starts to expand plot-lines, scope and crank up the intensity. Season 3 is scheduled for 2016 (CW).

So yeah, it starts off with teenage angst, but then quickly heads off into the darker side of humanity, command, war and fragile alliances. Plenty of surprises that don't let up.

The-100-Ark.png

yup, watched the first season last spring on netflix with my brother, and the second season earlier this fall on netflix(I use both US and Canada Netflix, S2 has been out for a while on one of them). I was very skeptical of the show at first because it felt like a BSG rip off mixed with Twilight. But honestly, its pretty decent and continues to get a lot lot better as time goes on.

Worth watching.

I have been watching it on Netflix Canada. The episodes air here the day after they air on CW in USA

I wish Netflix down here would do that.

There is no network in Canada airing it.

Netflix for some reason is airing it.

Is anyone else here watching "The 100"?

Netflix just added a 2nd season and holy :censored:. This show is damn near HBO-quality. The complexity, the sci fi and fantasy elements, the evolution of the characters, dark themes and darker consequences.

I can't think of one thing about 'The 100' that isn't top-drawer. Seriously. Once it gets rolling it doesn't let up for a second. Extremely well done.

I'll give it a try.

:whee:

I watched the pilot last night.

I almost turned it off about 15 minutes in though. They were decelerating into the Earth's atmosphere while showing people weightless in free fall. lol Horrible writing.

But after they landed, the politics, both in the Ark and on the ground, became interesting. So I'll continue watching.

I'm hoping they explain things like...

How radiation can be so severe it causes major mutations in animals, yet isn't lethal to humans. What about cancer, etc.

Why plants glow at night? Is this a mutation, or are the writers trying to say that heavily radiated lifeforms glow at night? Big problem with the latter if that's the case since irradiated material does not glow unless you're using Hollywood physics.

Why were their calculations so far off?

a) They thought the Earth would not be habitable for another 100 years. Seems like they got the half-life wrong by a factor of 2. Hard to believe given the available data on conventional nuclear weapons.

b) They thought they had supplies in the Ark for another 100 years, but then we find out they actually only have supplies for 3-4 months. (I'm hoping this is a plot element that is explained.)

c) 12 space stations merged into one Ark, yet none of them had imaging systems capable of detecting life on the surface of Earth? How is this possible?