• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tidewater Comicon, May 21-22, 2016

28 posts in this topic

Tried to go today...... parking absolutely sucked. I ended up turning around and going home. Very disappointing. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Much easier to get in today..... and I'm glad I swallowed my pride and gave it another chance..... a lot of great books and Dealers ready to deal. My friend Guy said he did as well or better than at larger shows like Heroes or B'More. This show may become a contender.GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I had a great time at my first Tidewater Con. My first impression was that the con was slim on comic sellers, but I was able to leave with a huge stack of books each day. Great deals to be had on everything from 50 cent books to wall books. Saturday was crazy busy, but Sunday was much more manageable. Lots of announcements of cars getting towed because they went to other parking lots and others parked in fire lanes - I assume because the convention parking lot was full or getting full.

Was able to get some great signatures and sketches. I posted some sketches in the 2016 sketch mega thread. Here's one of my favorite signatures (Sam Jones, aka FLASH GORDON):

Tidwwater-2016-Sam-Jones-01_thumb.jpg

I don't usually take cosplay pics, but I thought this scene was hilarious. Superman had to help Batman work out some issues with his armor (Batman's armor was really intricate).

Tidewater-2016-Cosplay-01_thumb.jpg

Tidewater-2016-Cosplay-02_thumb.jpg

Tidewater-2016-Cosplay-03_thumb.jpg

Sold a book today..that I picked up in trade at Tidewater...show is STILL paying off!!!

Can't wait til next year!

It's been getting better every year!

...... Joe of Comic Kings spoke highly as well. The show has potential..... and the region has a lot to offer in the way of other destinations, the Chrysler Art Museum, Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Recreation (awesome...),Virginia Beach..... etc..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)