• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vs. Tournament Round 1: Games 1-4

Who would win in a battle between:  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle between:

35 posts in this topic

Here's the first installment. If you don't like what I'm doing, then don't read the posts. hi.gif But if you are interacting, I hope we can all make this enjoyable. Here are the first four matchups. Each group of four will run for either 24 or 48 hours, depending how fast people respond. Feel free to discuss your reasoning. HAVE FUN! headbang.gif

For those who don't know, The Maxx was an Image Comics character in the early 90's. He's pretty much Image's version of Thing. Just a big thing that can pound the living [#@$%!!!] out of someone.

Beast vs. Colossus is boring I know, but that was just an unlucky draw on my part. Random pairings don't always seem random. Would still be one hell of a fight though.

well i went with Cable(big gun v jumping spider guy), Colossus(big fist v jumping fuzzy guy), Wonder Woman(big guns) and Ghost Rider(hey...ya gotta go with the flaming skull all the time....except 2099).

I went with Venom over Cable, Cable always seemed like a hunter, while Venom always seems like someone who turns the hunter into the hunted. I imagine Cable shooting Venom a few times, maybe, and then Venom creeping up behind Cable and tearing his head off.

I voted last night and I think I voted Colossus over Beast, I think I was going to choose Beast because he could outsmart Colossus but that ended up seeming like a lame reason.

Doomsday over Wonder Woman (I'm not clear on this though, is Doomsday still as much of a badass as when he first killed Superman, or is he weaker now? If he's still the same I'd think he'd murder WW in half the time it took to take Superman out.)

Ghost Rider over Maxx because I had no idea who Maxx was.

I went with Venom over Cable, Cable always seemed like a hunter, while Venom always seems like someone who turns the hunter into the hunted. I imagine Cable shooting Venom a few times, maybe, and then Venom creeping up behind Cable and tearing his head off.

I voted last night and I think I voted Colossus over Beast, I think I was going to choose Beast because he could outsmart Colossus but that ended up seeming like a lame reason.

Doomsday over Wonder Woman (I'm not clear on this though, is Doomsday still as much of a badass as when he first killed Superman, or is he weaker now? If he's still the same I'd think he'd murder WW in half the time it took to take Superman out.)

I agreed with all your picks. thumbsup2.gif

Same here, except that I didn't discard Beast because "he would outsmark Colossus". makepoint.gif

Beast rules. headbang.gif

grin.gif

Same here.

How sad that the Maxx character is not known. It's not like he was a GA character either. He even had his own cartoon. There was a time when Sam Keith was considered a rising artist.

Personally I couldn't stand his work on either Maxx or Marvel Comics Presents.

How sad that the Maxx character is not known. It's not like he was a GA character either. He even had his own cartoon. There was a time when Sam Keith was considered a rising artist.

Personally I couldn't stand his work on either Maxx or Marvel Comics Presents.

foreheadslap.gif

THAT guy! thanks, now i remember who the * he was. ugh. i still would have voted against him on general principle

i always hated maxx....

the kid always bothered me...

i might be getting my crappy Image strong guy with no plot books mixed up....

Are you talking about PITT? confused-smiley-013.gif

...or CRAPP. ...or DUNGG ...or TARDD. confused-smiley-013.gif

i always hated maxx....

sign-funnypost.gif

thumbsup2.gif I voted the same, for the exact same reasons.

i always hated maxx....

sign-funnypost.gif

27_laughing.gif I loved reading this thread today grin.gif