• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 50 Copper Books in Overstreet
7 7

402 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:30 PM, valiantman said:

Spawn's problem is the quantity of #1 available.

They printed a million, and if they were $10 books, that would be $10,000,000 total.

There are very few comic books which are worth $10,000,000 total.

Amazing Spider-man #300 might have 100,000 copies remaining in all possible conditions, and they might average $50 to $80 each. That would only be $5,000,000 to $8,000,000.

Spawn #1 is a "cheap book" but the market size for Spawn #1 may already exceed books like ASM #300.

While I agree with the logic. The No 1 book bar none I see at shows is ASM 300. Everybody has mulitiple copies.

Spawn is still in afterthought and you are right its due to print run. 

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

While I agree with the logic. The No 1 book bar none I see at shows is ASM 300. Everybody has mulitiple copies.

Spawn is still in afterthought and you are right its due to print run. 

A lot of that is because people still think Spawn 1 is a worthless book. I know guys that have long boxes of Spawn 1, they just never take them to a show because they think they're $3-5. I dont' have a single copy of ASM 300 for sale, but I could throw a dozen Spawn 1's on my wall if I wanted to. 

11 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Bats 423 isn't a key either, just a nice cover. Nice cover don't = keys 

1st Todd MacFarlane work on Batman title might not be a major key but the public has spoken and prices, hence, demand for it is rising. 

There are plenty of Valiant books that should be on this list over some of the books that are on it:

X-O Manowar (first Aric)

X-O Manowar #4 (first Jack Boniface)

Shadowman #1 (first Shadowman)

Solar #3 (first Harada)

Solar #10 (first Eternal Warrior)

Eternal Warrior #4 (first Bloodshot cameo)

Rai #0 (first full Bloodshot)

Magnus #5 (first Rai)

Archer & Armstrong #0 (first A&A)

12 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

1st Todd MacFarlane work on Batman title

You misspelled "only" (and "McFarlane") and he only did the cover.

12 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

might is not be a major key but the public has spoken and prices, hence, demand for it is rising. 

Fixed.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

You misspelled "only" (and "McFarlane") and he only did the cover.

Fixed.

You waste a lot of your life with your negative attitude and opinion on every topic on these boards.

In the real world you're what we call a Cliff Clavin, and nobody likes a Cliff Clavin.

The constant need to be right doesn't impress anyone, your annoying habit just gives us something to talk about when you leave the room.

11 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

You waste a lot of your life with your negative attitude and opinion on every topic on these boards.

In the real world you're what we call a Cliff Clavin, and nobody likes a Cliff Clavin.

The constant need to be right doesn't impress anyone, your annoying habit just gives us something to talk about when you leave the room.

Yes, it's much better to constantly post things that are incorrect and/or misleading. :screwy::makepoint:

I don't need to be right. I just want others to not feel so confident when they are wrong.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:47 PM, Kevin76 said:

ASM 301 and 316 need to go, 301 is just tough to find in 9.8 and 316 is just Venom's first cover appearance.  

Yup, not keys.

Need to add DC Comics Presents 26

Like NTT 2, it doesn't qualify based on the date range given. But, yes, it is definitely a top Copper key that should be on any list.

and Silver Surfer 44 (1st Gauntlet)

Maybe a candidate, but I'm not sure if it makes the list.

Spider-Man 1 Gold UPC, Spider-Man 1 Platinum

Popular cover and (relative) rarity lead to high prices. Not key.

12 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yes, it's much better to constantly post things that are incorrect and/or misleading. :screwy::makepoint:

I don't need to be right. I just want others to not feel so confident when they are wrong.

So let me get this straight.  Whenever you write something its correct but whenever you disagree with someone else, they are incorrect.  Awww, got it !

Batman #423 is in demand.  High grade copies bring premiums above guide ALL THE TIME.  Graded 9.8 copies sell for well over $300.00.

McFarlane's cover art is all that is needed to be a contributor to his 1st (and who cares if its his only) work on the Batman title.

People love the cover and some call it classic copper age.  It carries many of the earmarks of what people consider a key or semi-key

The fact you say it isn't a key does not make it such.

So yeah, you do need to be right but you waste so much energy being negative that its off putting to others.

I gather you need this internet outlet for some form of self validation because nobody in real life would give you the time of day to argue semantics over something that

no one gives a **** about.

Your ability to multi-quote and stroke out words and replace them with your own shows you spend to much wasted effort arguing with everybody in your posts.

Here's an idea, try to be positive with contributions instead of whining that other people's opinions are wrong and needing to be the all mighty correct voice, it comes off as an inferiority complex.

Edited by Red_Hood

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

So let me get this straight.  Whenever you write something its correct but whenever you disagree with someone else, they are incorrect.  Awww, got it !

Batman #423 is in demand.  High grade copies bring premiums above guide ALL THE TIME.  Graded 9.8 copies sell for well over $300.00.

McFarlane's cover art is all that is needed to be a contributor to his 1st (and who cares if its his only) work on the Batman title.

People love the cover and some call it classic copper age.  It carries many of the earmarks of what people consider a key or semi-key

So yeah, you do need to be right but you waste so much energy being negative that its off putting to others.

I gather you need this internet outlet for some form of self validation because nobody in real life would give you the time of day to argue semantics over something that

Your ability to multi-quote and stroke out words and replace them with your own shows you spend to much wasted effort arguing with everybody in your posts.

Here's an idea, try to be positive with contributions instead of whining that other people's opinions are wrong and needing to be the all mighty correct voice, it comes off as an inferiority complex.

It's not a key.

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Nice cover. But not a key. I can't think of any other situation where an artist's only work on a title is important. A writer's or artist's first work on a title or character that they became closely associated with? Sure. That contributes to a book being considered key. (Think Adams on GA, Moore on Swamp Thing, Miller on Daredevil, McFarlane on Spidey, etc.). McFarlane covers are getting a bump, and that might make this book pricey, but that doesn't make this book a key.

8 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

21aqbc.jpg.a87955d7cc92c6cdd859bc620067a4e6.jpg

9 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Yeah, people who conflate being valuable with being key. Keys are historically important, not currently popular.

What about everybody else? I was neither the first, nor the only person to say that.

You might want to look at your own posting history before accusing others of being constantly negative. Just saying.

Well, if people didn't care, they probably wouldn't be here. I have learned a lot in my time here, both directly from posts and from provided links. It annoys me when things that aren't correct stand unchallenged. Who benefits from that?

Effort? lol If you think that takes any real effort, what do you do for a living? Does somebody pay you to sleep? Can you get me a job like that (it would give me more free time to be negative here :devil:)?

How is correcting misinformation not positive? Again, who benefits from the spread of misinformation?

10 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Prices in high grade does'nt always equal key.