• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIG PLACEMENT

46 posts in this topic

Hi A Few thoughts-

I feel the same way D Scott does. Signature Series is a risk that we all take when submitting books.

For me personally the only challenge is Stan. Time is always of the essence and his signings are fast.

JunkDonkey ;) ----You just made some Stan Lee windows a tad too small bro. Stan's pen hit the side of a couple boxes so a few sigs are not ideal.

If you pay me to prep a book I state what I do- I put it in a BIG window bag. If Stan signs in Black on a black space and you are my customer. Complain to me in private. I am going to do what I can to make you happy so we keep doing business. It is not my FAULT though of where the signature lands we all do the best we can.

As for littlebill's case I know I am not the facilitator at fault because we have agreed to not work together anymore. :) Sorry to hear about your black on black sigs but I think you would have better luck at a future credit if you brought it up privately with the facilitator.

Todd is this Friday then we have our final sort and ship in for 2015~! Peace!

-Sean

In most cases the Artist chooses the spot, I used to point out "no sign here or use this pen" and that makes your large stack in front of you much larger. I seen black on black, I have seen "Sign in Blue noted on the tape" to match all the other blue Sigs and the artist would chose a different color intentionally to make his name stick out.

Recently with more private signings, there are many cases where the artist doesn't like the window placement or the window is too small and the artist removes the book from the bag themselves.

In all of those scenarios, you do what the artist wishes.

Hi A Few thoughts-

I feel the same way D Scott does. Signature Series is a risk that we all take when submitting books.

For me personally the only challenge is Stan. Time is always of the essence and his signings are fast.

JunkDonkey ;) ----You just made some Stan Lee windows a tad too small bro. Stan's pen hit the side of a couple boxes so a few sigs are not ideal.

If you pay me to prep a book I state what I do- I put it in a BIG window bag. If Stan signs in Black on a black space and you are my customer. Complain to me in private. I am going to do what I can to make you happy so we keep doing business. It is not my FAULT though of where the signature lands we all do the best we can.

As for littlebill's case I know I am not the facilitator at fault because we have agreed to not work together anymore. :) Sorry to hear about your black on black sigs but I think you would have better luck at a future credit if you brought it up privately with the facilitator.

Todd is this Friday then we have our final sort and ship in for 2015~! Peace!

-Sean

Yeah, I was in a rush and adding Stan was a last second idea. Such is NYCC. That is my fault though and obviously I will live with the result.

Seems to me the facilitator hasn't planned well if they prep, sign and it ends up black on black. :whistle:

Since Todd hasn't signed yet there was plenty of room for Stan. lol Nice try! ;)

I remember submitting 3 copies of a book. I prepped them so my own fault but it was 3 copies of the same book. One signed in silver, one in black and one in red. It was prepped the same on a black part of the book and all handed in together. Seems the facilitator wasn't exactly organized. Am I to blame the artist?

sean i wasnt looking for a credit. i also wasnt looking as adonis initially said to start trouble with or for anyone. i just wanted peoples thoughts. simple as that. i appreciate your thoughts. you and chris are good at what you do.

again like i say i would think there is a difference between a ten dollar sig and 250.00 to 1k sig. when paying a premium you just expect better service.

maybe thats asking a bit much? if so then facilitating a sig op with comic books would be one of the only jobs i know of where this would be the case.