• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help.....what grade do you think this is

6 posts in this topic

i'm curious as i'm still really new at trying to grade and i like to get ideas from others on what they think is wrong with it and what grade it should get so I can improve my own grading and this place is great for that smile.gif.

This is what most people would call a "reading copy" .A very good can have a spine roll, creasing, stress cracks and general wear and tear on the comic like this one shows. But, if the comic has a lot of these defects (accumulation), the grade goes down. Once you have a comic where the actual pages are also damaged, that also downgrades the condition. Those are the main reasons why I did not give this comic a higher grade.

These posts have a lot of scans of comics in the Grading section, and I feel you could learn a lot just by looking at the scans, and then reading what everyone feels the grades are. Although most of the comics are higher grades, I feel it would be easier for you to understand grading if you started at the higher grades and worked your way down. By looking at the higher grades, you're only concerning yourself with a few defects at a time, and once you become more familiar with what the defects are, you can then tackle the lower grades. I don't know why, but I have an easier time picking apart a high-grade than a low-grade comic. Maybe it's because most of the comics I collect are in the F/VF to NM range. Hope this helps and welcome.