• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why didn't a lot of people try to become Dr Manhattans?

10 posts in this topic

I would have scrambled into the intrinsic field generator after the first superman appeared.

Adrian Veidt at the very least should have tried this.

That always puzzled me about 'Watchmen' wouldn't the Governments of earth would have at least tried to or maybe a would be super villain? The only reason I could possibly see why no government tried it was because they didn't want another omnipotent being they'd have to deal with? Another wild card they couldn't control.

Basically it would be a draw-one Manhattan would disintigrate the other then he'd just re-form. They'd have to just agree to disagree.

I would have scrambled into the intrinsic field generator after the first superman appeared.

Adrian Veidt at the very least should have tried this.

Too much of a narcissist. He wouldn't take the chance of it ruffling his hair.

The way I remember it was that it was by sheer randomness, luck and a bit of subconscious willpower that made the good doctor reform himself in to a humanoid being. So it wasn't a given that this could happen to everyone. That and the fact that you seem to loose your humanity and become almost emotionless has its drawbacks too.