• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta Shows?

30 posts in this topic

http://www.heroesonline.com

Heroes Convention in Charlotte or BUST

I hear CGC may be attending for on site grading this year... gossip.gif

Now that is interesting...if cgc was there I might actually submit something for onsite grading. I dont think that I could submit any other way and wait. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm...maybe a road trip is in order..

I was talking to Shelton on Sunday and he said that it looked really good for onsite!

Dawgphan, im like you, dont know if I could wait to gt my books back. Probably could, but next day is soo much better.

Yeah I normally grab a bite before the game, grab a sack of boiled peanuts and a huge beer once I get in the game. Then I sit back and enjoy yet another opening night. I normally try and keep score and whatnot showing the FI the finer points of the game....oh and there are hardly ever lines in the lexus level. Dont worry we normally get free lexus level tickets through my FI's work..Bad part is that I think that she might be taking another job before then. I dont know if I could go from the lexus level to sitting with the commoners...

Oh well. I am always gung-ho and catch several games in the first homestand and then sort of stop going till the end of the season..

Plus we got the 15 million dollar flat screen now. Largest TV in any stadium. I can't wait to see it. My company seats are in Lexus Level as well, although I prefer to sit on 1st base field level whenever possible.

I'm not in the area just yet, but will probably be moving out that way in July or August.

Where you moving to? There's usually a show towards the end of August.

And 4-5 innings.... Come on..... I've been to the last 5 opening days and have never had to wait that long for anything.

More than likely, Auburn, AL. Not too far from ATL, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Yep, You won't be that far at all. Closer to Montogomery though than Atlanta. In 4 years of doing shows I have never heard of any show in Alabama. Maybe you could start one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll be set up there. Its really kind of sad that atlanta can't maintain a large show like charlotte (I don't count Dragon Con as a comic show). Perhaps Shelton should move it to Atlanta?

I'll be set up there. Its really kind of sad that atlanta can't maintain a large show like charlotte (I don't count Dragon Con as a comic show). Perhaps Shelton should move it to Atlanta?

Move to Atlanta? 893naughty-thumb.gif Well, sure he can, just as long as the show is in Charlotte.... acclaim.gif

Move to Atlanta? 893naughty-thumb.gif Well, sure he can, just as long as the show is in Charlotte.... acclaim.gif

Hey Charlotte is a great city. But come on.... there's nothing to do there unless you want to eat. Move to the show to atlanta and draw the benefit of 4.5 million people. 20+ years in Charlotte is enough.

Man this is a great idea. I'm calling Shelton immediately. acclaim.gif

I am down for a big atlanta show. The comicon suck IMHO. But that might be because they didnt have what I wanted. Comic convention is much better for me, but I also looking for valiants..

Hey Charlotte is a great city. But come on.... there's nothing to do there unless you want to eat. Move to the show to atlanta and draw the benefit of 4.5 million people. 20+ years in Charlotte is enough.

There's things to do other than eat....like...errr....I'll get back to you on that...

Face it---there's no show in Atlanta because there's no support for it. fugetaboutit! yay.gif

I am down for a big atlanta show. The comicon suck IMHO. But that might be because they didnt have what I wanted. Comic convention is much better for me, but I also looking for valiants..

You should stop by my table. I have runs of that valiant stuff and even some pre-unity books w/ coupons. Let me know what to bring on April 10th. angel.gif

There's things to do other than eat....like...errr....I'll get back to you on that...

Face it---there's no show in Atlanta because there's no support for it. fugetaboutit! yay.gif

There's no support because nobody's ever stepped up to the plate. I believe Fantasy Fair is what eventually became Dragon Con and just evolved into a more sci-fi show. Atlanta Comic Con was on the right track, but having the show outside of the city maybe wasn't a great idea. Not to mention having all those guests probably hit the profits hard.

Maybe should work extra hard and start a new Heroes in Atlanta. My only point is that its a shame that a city with 4.5 million people can't have a show consistently like a charlotte or orlando.

And hey there are some great restaurants in downtown charlotte thumbsup2.gif