• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Napoleon Dynamite" Time machine

38 posts in this topic

I guess it is just the comic geek in me,

but I minddrift of going back in time (like Napoleon's uncle does so he can

become a football star) to get my dream comics in mint at face value.

( For those of you that haven't seen this movie, it is an instant classic! )

Besides comics that are worth a fortune...

I for one would mind having ASM #147 in CGC 9.8/10 because that was the first comic I ever read straight off the news rack.

If you were to go back, which comic/comics would you like to get for face value

in almost cgc 9.8 fresh off the rack status? Or what would you do comic or non-comic related?

laugh.gif

Action 1. As many copies as the bemused newsagent would let me have for a dime apiece. Then I'd wander around 1938 NYC and take in the sights.

You're not the first person to have this fantasy, it has to be said.

For nostalgic purposes, I'd go back to 1975 and buy me a GS X-Men 1. Again, more than one copy.

Everyone has probably thought about this. I've thought about it in relation to the movie Time Cop (where they police unusual buying activity in the past).

That's the great thing about comics, they were only 10 or 12 cents so no one would notice if you went back and bought copies of Action #1 or Detective #27. It's the fact that so few survived that makes them valuable.

That being said, I would probably spend some time in early 1963 (ASM #1, TOS #39).

I thought about this so much that I wrote a short story on the subject one time. screwy.gif

I guess for me I'd go back to the Atomic Age from 1950- 1955 and buy as much non-EC pre-code horror as I could find. insane.gif

I'd buy a majority shareholding in Microsoft c.1975. I'd then start cashing out between about 1995 and now and use my 20 odd billion dollars to fuel a newbie buying surge the likes of which the comic world has never seen.

Having bought up large multiples of every Golden Age and Silver Age key that ever walked the earth, I would then donate all but the best examples to Comics4Kids, in order to share the wealth back to where it was originally intended.

Failing that, I might go for walking into the Atlas office around early 1961 and offer that Lee guy a real writing gig to come up with the great American novel, if only he'd quite his current living hell of a job. Then, when Ditko and Kirby spend the next 20 years knocking out derivative superhero stories for DC, the Smilin' one could earn the kudos he deserves in the literature world and, in a parallel universe, still maintain his deserved credit as the creator of happy-hucksterism-heroes-with-problems-continuity.

Tina! Come get some ham!

"I'm gonna throw this football over them there mountains!"

"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

Tina! Come get some ham!

"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"Vote for Pedro - Pedro offers you his protection."

Tina! Come get some ham!

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Tina! Come get some ham!

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Grandma says you have to leave cause you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all her steaks.

Tina! Come get some ham!

Grandma says you have to leave cause you're ruining people's lives and eating all her stakes.

"You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff."

Tina! Come get some ham!

"LaFawnduh is THE best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm 100% sure she's my soulmate."

Tina! Come get some ham!

"LaFawnduh is THE best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm 100% sure she's my soulmate."

Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore

Tina! Come get some ham!

Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore

"Yea, The shading on her upper lip took me two hours alone."

Tina! Come get some ham!

It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic

Tina! Come get some ham!

It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic

"I do whatever I want to... GOSH!"

Spring, 1940. I'd pick up as many BATMAN #1's that would fit in the time machine.

And I'd purchase it in Hollywood, California, and hope to see Bogey, Cagney, Boris and Bela(and maybe a starlet or two).

Tina! Come get some ham!

"I do whatever I want to... GOSH!"

"I told you! I spent last summer with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!"