• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spiderman mag question

20 posts in this topic

My dad got that book when I was a kid-he liked the part where Norman was slugging Peter in the gut at the party.

I believe these books were part of a large warehouse find and this accounts for the reason why they have not really gone up in value after all these decades, relative to other magazines from this time period.

Mile High had tons of them. Possibly literally.

The first mag, the first story was a base for ASM #116-118, the second story was a retelling of the origin.

I used to own the splash for this one. It was originally used in the mag and then reprinted in ASM #116 with a few changes made to the art.

AmazingSpider-man116Splash.jpg

hey, didn't chuck used to have palettes of FF 48 too at one point....

i think lack of love for mags more than quantity splains why these things have not jumped much over the years. see, e.g., savage tales 1. should be worth billions.

I'm scooping up tons of high grade mags cheap on th e bay. Spiderman mags are nice and not cheap in super high grade as the last sales of 9.6 and 9.8 are $450 and $2500 respectively. Funny thing is that it turns out comics stored in warehouses start to look a little like the warehouse after a few decades.

Issue #2 of this mag is one of my favorite art periods of Romita on Spider-man, with Jim Mooney's inks adding a dark, menacing tone to the book - and this is a really good, one issue, often forgotten Green Goblin story that's very much worth having.

It is a great read.