• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Slabbed Comics

32 posts in this topic

So I know there is a discussion on here somewhere about this but I've searched and I've gone back some pages looking for one and I can't find it so feel free to link me or give your own suggestions here. I'm to the point where I'm starting to get uncomfortable with the value of comics I have and I want to make sure nothing happens to them. How do you guys keep your slabs protected? I've thought about a large fire proof safe but I'm not sure if smoke would still get through and do damage or not. I've also thought about a safety deposit box but wasn't sure if they had them large enough to stick one or two full cgc boxes into and if they do I'm sure its not cheap for one that size. Suggestions?

Trouble with safety deposit vaults is that most are not climate controlled 24/7. Storing your books in an environment that has regular temperature swings is less than ideal.

yea I read on here somewhere the other day where a guy called around and found a bank where theirs was climate controlled but I think most were not.

Insurance is a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient than a safe. Collectibles specific insurance is relatively cheap.

http://collectinsure.com/, etc.

checked this one out. It gave me a quote but didn't say if it was monthly or quarterly or what. I'm assuming it's yearly. Anyone know anyone who's filed a claim and if it was a hassle?

Insurance is a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient than a safe. Collectibles specific insurance is relatively cheap.

http://collectinsure.com/, etc.

checked this one out. It gave me a quote but didn't say if it was monthly or quarterly or what. I'm assuming it's yearly. Anyone know anyone who's filed a claim and if it was a hassle?

Last time I looked I found these.

I use a shelf with magazine holders,for my 30 dollar to 30K comics.

IMG00388-20110402-2035.jpg

Do you not stress out about losing that Hulk in a fire or something? I'd lose my mind.

Why would I stress? They are in my room,and they are insured. If you stress about everything, you can't enjoy your collections.

I use a shelf with magazine holders,for my 30 dollar to 30K comics.

IMG00388-20110402-2035.jpg

Do you not stress out about losing that Hulk in a fire or something? I'd lose my mind.

Why would I stress? They are in my room,and they are insured. If you stress about everything, you can't enjoy your collections.

+1000 yeah I want to be able to see them and hold'em from time to time and maybe even read them :insane:

Yea, odds are pretty slim and I wouldn't mind replacing the 200-500 dollar books but the ones that worry me are the sketches and signature series that are done by creators no longer with us. Some of those will be irreplaceable so I just want to do whatever I can to insure they stay safe.