• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Slabbed Comics

32 posts in this topic

I am 54 and don't even KNOW anyone that has lost anything/everything in a fire. So, I don't worry about it. Odds are with me. [/quote

We have had at least two forumites lose everything in house fires. Odds were with them too.

My insurance runs me less than a dollar a day. As CIA doesnt require an inventory list, you can seperate your collection into two locations and insure for half its value.

Yep, insure your collection. If you don't....you are just asking for a loss.

As for storing I keep my slabs at least a foot off the ground in case of a flood. I keep them in a room temperature office and they are locked up. No safe as they have been found to cause rust on staples.

Yep, insure your collection. If you don't....you are just asking for a loss.

As for storing I keep my slabs at least a foot off the ground in case of a flood. I keep them in a room temperature office and they are locked up. No safe as they have been found to cause rust on staples.

:applause: When people start thinking it won't happen to them,is when it does.

If you have a substantial investment in your collection, insure it. It's really not necessary to lock it up in safe,or deposit box. You can't enjoy it that way. (shrug)

I enjoy my comics the same way I enjoy my stocks or my cash. I don't need to see my hundred dollar bills to be happy. To me, leaving $30,000 books sitting on a bookshelf is not something I do, others enjoy it.

That's why there are so many different flavors of ice cream.

I enjoy my comics the same way I enjoy my stocks or my cash. I don't need to see my hundred dollar bills to be happy. To me, leaving $30,000 books sitting on a bookshelf is not something I do, others enjoy it.

God, I hope Comics haven't become the equivalent of stocks or cash. :sorry:

God, I hope Comics haven't become the equivalent of stocks or cash. :sorry:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Cash and Stocks don't give me any pleasure besides knowing I have them and I can afford my life.

Comics are to look at and enjoy. I feel with insurance that allows me to keep them with me and not in some safety deposit box. Sure they are safer there but I would just want to go see it all the time.

Like you said...many different flavors so we all have our perspectives.

thunsicker, are those custom frames? Please share the recipe.

I got them from Gweedo's . They also do custom frames like I got for my '66 Donruss cards and wrappers:

IMG_2172_zpsxshsdrem.jpg

Now, that looks really impressive! (thumbs u

The only question I have is how do you protect the books from the light so that they do not fade over an extended period of time? Or is there a protective layer of something on the glass of the frame? hm

I remember the story about the person who brought the Action 1, Detective 27, etc. and put them up for display in a travelling road show and the colours on the books all faded away after a few years.