• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah's Last Sales Thread...EVER!!!!

109 posts in this topic

It's true. After going through my entire collection multiple times to try to verify which books were stolen, which books were stolen and returned, which were sold, and which ones were misfiled, I don't really want to do the comic-book thing anymore. Kinda sucky when I think how much fun I had but the nuisance factor and fear of having them stolen again when I am out of town has made the choice final.

But, hey, the perp is likely getting 8 years for the deed and there will be no trial so I don't have to go through all of that . I am supposed to be reimbursed for the $3700 worth of books that really did disappear, and the chain saw and other tools. The missing books screwed up a few unbroken runs, which is a bummer, but I will survive.

Anyway, my decision is YOUR great opportunity and everything is available. It will take a while to list it all as I still have a busy travel schedule and I need to have the book in front of me before I list it as I do not trust how messed up my collection has become.

Rulez are:

- No ne'er-do-wells on any list that I think constitutes ne'er-do-welliness.

- US Shipping is $15 for up to 3 slabs. Exact cost for anything over. Insurance is at your own choice.

- I ship most anywhere as long as you pay for it.

- First person to say they will take it will take it, thread or PM.

- I'm not looking to make a killing but I'm also not planning on taking a loss so you are welcome to make offers, just not the ridiculous ones I sometimes get.

- If I own something you absolutely must have, you can send me a PM and we can work something out. I will just list it as sold when I get to posting it. If you choose this route, it will be 15% more than I paid for the book.

It's true. After going through my entire collection multiple times to try to verify which books were stolen, which books were stolen and returned, which were sold, and which ones were misfiled, I don't really want to do the comic-book thing anymore. Kinda sucky when I think how much fun I had but the nuisance factor and fear of having them stolen again when I am out of town has made the choice final.

But, hey, the perp is likely getting 8 years for the deed and there will be no trial so I don't have to go through all of that . I am supposed to be reimbursed for the $3700 worth of books that really did disappear, and the chain saw and other tools. The missing books screwed up a few unbroken runs, which is a bummer, but I will survive.

Anyway, my decision is YOUR great opportunity and everything is available. It will take a while to list it all as I still have a busy travel schedule and I need to have the book in front of me before I list it as I do not trust how messed up my collection has become.

Rulez are:

- No ne'er-do-wells on any list that I think constitutes ne'er-do-welliness.

- US Shipping is $15 for up to 3 slabs. Exact cost for anything over. Insurance is at your own choice.

- I ship most anywhere as long as you pay for it.

- First person to say they will take it will take it, thread or PM.

- I'm not looking to make a killing but I'm also not planning on taking a loss so you are welcome to make offers, just not the ridiculous ones I sometimes get.

- If I own something you absolutely must have, you can send me a PM and we can work something out. I will just list it as sold when I get to posting it. If you choose this route, it will be 15% more than I paid for the book.

I don't think anyone can blame you for being put off the hobby due to the theft. I'm sure you're not the first, unfortunately.

Crime SuspenStories #25 Universal

OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Gaines File Copy

$875.00

Can't find a scan right now.

If it's the 9.0 in your registry set (not a 7.5), :takeit:

Yes, it's the 9.0. Thanks for catching that.

SOLD!