• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleveland Wizard Comic Con - February 26, 27 & 28

5 posts in this topic

I'm actually debating setting up at this event even though they are charging $1,100 a booth :facepalm: After going last year and seeing how many people came to the event in a freezing snow storm - I'm hoping lightning happens again. My question is about getting books signed at the event. James Barr is going to be there and I have a nice high grade Crow 1 that would look great with his sig but CGC is not at this show. Does CGC send at least one sig guy to every big show like this?

At least last year had William Shatner which was cool but this year's big name is Jay of Silent Bob fame. Really?? Jay is the headliner?? Has anyone heard of a big name signing up for a Con at pretty much the last second?

Im sure they will be there again.

I agree. They seem to be at near every wizard world (although not in china)

I think if you sell the right things (or bring the right things) you can make money.

As much as I love selling big-ticket items, those are most often sales with the least amount of meat on the bones. A $200 book may make you only $30, whereas $200 worth of $1 books may make you $180.

With these high-priced cons, it's often quantity more than quality (or sometimes selling the right big-ticket book).

I think if you are confident you have those sort of books, I'd definitely do it.