• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Had to return a Silver Surfer #1 due to a Shalla makeover

23 posts in this topic

I'd be ticked if this was undisclosed. Now in the link Vorpal provided there is a Question at the bottom:

Q: How are the pages? Are the pages all there ? What color are the pages, off white, tan etc.? Overall what grade would you honestly grade this comic? Please let me know , I seriously interested . Thanks ... Tommy H

A: the pages are tannish but it looks pretty solid I didn't see any missing or torn pages, I will take pics of the interior and add them to the listing

So the pages were specifically addressed in a question, the seller talked about the interior pages, never mentioned the coloring, said they would post some interior images, but never did.

That makes me more ticked. I really don't care how much the book went for. That kind of thing should be disclosed.

I'd be ticked if this was undisclosed. Now in the link Vorpal provided there is a Question at the bottom:

Q: How are the pages? Are the pages all there ? What color are the pages, off white, tan etc.? Overall what grade would you honestly grade this comic? Please let me know , I seriously interested . Thanks ... Tommy H

A: the pages are tannish but it looks pretty solid I didn't see any missing or torn pages, I will take pics of the interior and add them to the listing

So the pages were specifically addressed in a question, the seller talked about the interior pages, never mentioned the coloring, said they would post some interior images, but never did.

That makes me more ticked. I really don't care how much the book went for. That kind of thing should be disclosed.

Yeah, that's the main reason I was upset.

At any rate, after all of the hem-hawing I've decided to keep the book. Thanks to those that encouraged me, that helped a lot. And my son will just be super happy to get the #1 issue of his favorite superhero! I have this whole Christmas morning "adventure" planned, whereby he opens the Silver Surfer #1 (1987 2nd series), has Sise-Neg leads him backward through time to the 1982 SS one-shot, then finally to the 1968 SS#1. And I'll leave it open for a "sequel" sometime in the future for FF#50 (that book is surprisingly affordable... FF#48 not so much).

Yeah, that's the main reason I was upset.

At any rate, after all of the hem-hawing I've decided to keep the book. Thanks to those that encouraged me, that helped a lot. And my son will just be super happy to get the #1 issue of his favorite superhero! I have this whole Christmas morning "adventure" planned, whereby he opens the Silver Surfer #1 (1987 2nd series), has Sise-Neg lead him backward through time to the 1982 SS one-shot, then finally to the 1968 SS#1. And I'll leave it open for a "sequel" sometime in the future for FF#50 (that book is surprisingly affordable... FF#48 not so much).

Woah, quite down on the affordability of 50......I still need that one. Great xmas idea though, I'm sure he'll be super happy!