• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainbow comics??

7 posts in this topic

Did anyone else get this email:

Dear,

You are invited to the grand opening of the “Greatest Comic Book Web

Site”:

www.RAINBOWCOMICS.COM

Come and take advantage of our limited time "Free Shipping Worldwide"

offer

and get a "Free Comic Book" of your choice.

* Over 5 million comic books for sale!!!

* We accept all major credit cards with our "Secure Online Direct

Payment"

* We are buying (Stores, Distributors, Privates sellers are

welcomed!!)

* 5$US Referral Credit (Send us a registered user and get 5$ credit)

So I took a look for some of my want list books. What bargains! A Batman 208 in VF/NM goes for $110?!?!?!?!

DAM

Yo......I looked up two books in their site and then got the hell out of there. What a frigging joke.

First of all......I think their search engine stinks.

Second.....their prices bite the big one.

And third......I HATE the way they list their grades.

Instead of calling a book VF/NM like everyone else on the planet.....they call it a NM/VF.........I gues in some pathetic attempt to highlight the NM part of the grade. They do this with ALL of their frigging grades.mad.gif

Reminds me of people listing CGC books on eBay with "White to Off-White pages". smirk.gif

Aren't those prices in Canadian dollars? (It isn't mentioned anywhere, but those prices are ridiculous otherwise.)

From their website:

"Rainbow Comics is a privately held company located in Montreal (Quebec), Canada "

Nope......just found this in their FAQ section:

All prices and amounts to be paid are in US dollars.mad.gif

And I can't say that I like their return policy either:

Rainbow Comics will extend a refund to the customer only in the event of lost or damaged packages which were insured.

Rainbow Comics also offers the customer an exchange policy in certain cases:

a) If a comic has been graded incorrectly, Rainbow Comics will either compensate the customer for the difference in grade or attempt to provide a replacement copy.

b) If the incorrect comic has been shipped to the customer, Rainbow Comics will accept to exchange the incorrect comic for the correct one.

Interesting quotes from their website:

Firstly, we do not believe that NM copies of DC comics from the 1970's should only be priced in the $3 range. They have become very difficult to find. Price Guide publishers do not find themselves having to find and restock these issues in the open market. Thus, they have no idea of the actual scarcity of these particular books.

Secondly, the value of high-grade comics from 1930-1960 should be reconsidered. Rainbow Comics believes that these comics are rare in VF/ NM grade. Thus, because of the lack of availability, we charge a higher price for these comic books. For Instance, a Batman # 1 in VF/NM should command a price of half a million dollars US. An Action Comic # 1 in VF/NM should easily be valued at 3 million dollars US. shocked.gif