• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Empire Strikes Back

1 post in this topic

Same Galaxy, still far away...

I was eight when Star Wars came out with The Empire Strikes Back. My father was remarried but still taking us to movies. I've seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Smokey and the Bandit, and Kramer vs. Kramer to name a select few. I was amazed by the Hoth scene in this newest Star Wars movie. I was even able to get a few more action figures this time around. At eight it's easier to be a pain in the than when you are five.

That winter we had a horrible storm. The snow piled and piled up. It was horrible if you were an adult, but not for an eight year old with a backyard full of snow, who now had his own private Hoth. It was such a great winter that I didn't find some of my action figures until the spring.

Any comic books I got at this age was mainly Richie Rich. It wasn't until '82 that I picked up another Star Wars comic book. I was ten and able to sneak off a few blocks away to the 7-11. I still wasn't caught fully by the comic collecting bug yet, but it was getting close.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb

17051.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb