• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My strange ebay story

19 posts in this topic

So I'm always look for Frazetta stuff on Ebay. Somehow I ran across this listing:

Many Frank Frazetta signed canvas art, ready to be framed. 3 computers. Believe 17 Elton John records. A Sony radio 6 CD changer with both working speakers. Frank Frazetta made and signed Stein. A Darth Vader mask both front and back pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arts-and-collectibles-Frank-Frazetta-/201465563021?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CRc9wzBtXmaPmcu6eh9TEFTRR3s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Seems like something a mental patient would group together.

Opening bid of $30 and $6 for shipping. I can only imagine how much it would cost to ship all that carp. The 3 computers alone must cost a bundle considering the pics show a big old monitor and a tower (who the hell knows what else that comes with).

What really got my interest was the Frazetta mug. That alone is worth around $50-$75. And the signature on it looks like it might be legit. Of course it would be worth a lot more if that is really his sig. I figured what the hell and put down the minimum bid not really expecting much.

I win it with no other bids and pay right away. I'm thinking at this point maybe I just get a box of garbage. I wake up the next day to two emails from the seller responding to the paypal email telling them they received a payment.

Email #1: This should not be an active account it should be COMPLETELY CANCELED!!!!! I'm very sorry for this mistake.

Email #2:This all should have been canceled I called eBay canceled out my entire account and also with pay-pal.... non of the items should even be posting. I'm very sorry.

I wonder what actually happened here.

Bid higher next time...., :lol:

I was the only bidder. Couldn't go higher than the opening. I did actually put in a higher max bid.

PM me if you need help next time :baiting:

Would a scorned Ex key on signatures in the listing, example the signature under the Death Dealer mug??

I think this is just a listing the owner expected more out of and he cancelled it.

If that is what actually happened it was a pretty terrible attempt. Why throw in all that other carp? The main picture was a picture of Elton John records.

So I'm always look for Frazetta stuff on Ebay. Somehow I ran across this listing:

Many Frank Frazetta signed canvas art, ready to be framed. 3 computers. Believe 17 Elton John records. A Sony radio 6 CD changer with both working speakers. Frank Frazetta made and signed Stein. A Darth Vader mask both front and back pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arts-and-collectibles-Frank-Frazetta-/201465563021?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=CRc9wzBtXmaPmcu6eh9TEFTRR3s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Seems like something a mental patient would group together.

Opening bid of $30 and $6 for shipping. I can only imagine how much it would cost to ship all that carp. The 3 computers alone must cost a bundle considering the pics show a big old monitor and a tower (who the hell knows what else that comes with).

What really got my interest was the Frazetta mug. That alone is worth around $50-$75. And the signature on it looks like it might be legit. Of course it would be worth a lot more if that is really his sig. I figured what the hell and put down the minimum bid not really expecting much.

I win it with no other bids and pay right away. I'm thinking at this point maybe I just get a box of garbage. I wake up the next day to two emails from the seller responding to the paypal email telling them they received a payment.

Email #1: This should not be an active account it should be COMPLETELY CANCELED!!!!! I'm very sorry for this mistake.

Email #2:This all should have been canceled I called eBay canceled out my entire account and also with pay-pal.... non of the items should even be posting. I'm very sorry.

I wonder what actually happened here.

Cold feet. They didn't get what they wanted for the lot, and screwed you over.

Sorry...

:(

-slym