• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0-for-22 pre-screen - Let's guess what happened... FINAL UPDATE!

84 posts in this topic

I checked online and the invoice went from QC to scheduled for grading. Progress even though it's technically moving backward. :/

Are you seeing what passed? You should at scheduled.

Unknown at this point. I haven't been able to tell until shipped on the last few pre-screens.

I checked online and the invoice went from QC to scheduled for grading. Progress even though it's technically moving backward. :/

Unknown at this point. I haven't been able to tell until shipped on the last few pre-screens.

Go into your invoice and anything with a category passed. (thumbs u

Category is n/a for all books. Same thing with my last few pre-screens. I used to be able to see the category at SFG or Graded, but that hasn't happened for a while,

If they do decide to tighten grades across the board, shouldn't that be talked about in a press release? For a company that only works through trust, you would think they would be extremely open and transparent.

i think that's the last item mentioned in their published grading standards

Everyone talks about tightening grades, then there are some that felt that my ASM 37 that just came back should not have been given an 8.0 and that the grading is loose.

Grading is still subjective within .5 to 1.0 of a grade it seems in either direction.

If they do decide to tighten grades across the board, shouldn't that be talked about in a press release? For a company that only works through trust, you would think they would be extremely open and transparent.

The company cannot acknowledge that its general standards change. That would undermine consumer confidence in the product.

The company cannot acknowledge that it's general standards change. That would undermine consumer confidence in the product.

Exactly.

Agreed. I had a lot of books that received lower than expected grades recently. Tight is right. lol

No complaints though. I'd prefer conservative grades.

+1 I got hammered on. But i would rather it be tight as well.

For what it costs, I prefer they're right and consistent. (shrug)

I would just hope that grading now and in the future is consistent. Tight or loose; doesn't matter... Just be consistent.

hypothetically:

I don't like that in 2013 a book gets an 8.0

then in 2014, the same book would get an 9.0

now in 2015, that book is getting a 7.0

Here's where I have a issue with trust - I need an 8.0 to be an 8.0 all day long, all week long, all year long, etc.

Granted, grading is subjective, BUT there should never be a change in the company's philosophy or standards. These two things shouldn't change on a whim

I would just hope that grading now and in the future is consistent. Tight or loose; doesn't matter... Just be consistent.

hypothetically:

I don't like that in 2013 a book gets an 8.0

then in 2014, the same book would get an 9.0

now in 2015, that book is getting a 7.0

Here's where I have a issue with trust - I need an 8.0 to be an 8.0 all day long, all week long, all year long, etc.

Granted, grading is subjective, BUT there should never be a change in the company's philosophy or standards. These two things shouldn't change on a whim

There is little to no chance chance of the same exact book getting that wide a range of grades, especially in that time frame, from CGC.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel...

:news:

Molly from CGC (who I've dealt with many times before and is always awesome) gave me a call because she was going through pending shipments and thought my invoice looked weird. I explained what has happened to this point and, based on what she's seeing on her end, she thinks this invoice may have slipped through the cracks and was never even looked at by the graders. :o

Just to make sure, she's getting it in front of the senior grader ASAP to have them take another look at it.

Updates to come...

Molly is one of the most professional people that CGC has, amidst others who aren't so much. She should be paid double what they are paying her. She is, easily, the most consistently professional AND COURTEOUS customer service rep that works for the company.

I cannot say enough good things about Molly Davis.

Molly from CGC (who I've dealt with many times before and is always awesome) gave me a call because she was going through pending shipments and thought my invoice looked weird. I explained what has happened to this point and, based on what she's seeing on her end, she thinks this invoice may have slipped through the cracks and was never even looked at by the graders. :o

Just to make sure, she's getting it in front of the senior grader ASAP to have them take another look at it.

Updates to come...

Molly is one of the most professional people that CGC has, amidst others who aren't so much. She should be paid double what they are paying her. She is, easily, the most consistently professional AND COURTEOUS customer service rep that works for the company.

Agreed. She always goes the extra mile to make things right.

Updates to come...

You might have already but if you haven't you should let someone at CGC know that directly. Nothing speaks louder to a manger than a customer who takes the time to send in some kudos about an employee.

Category is n/a for all books. Same thing with my last few pre-screens. I used to be able to see the category at SFG or Graded, but that hasn't happened for a while,

Interesting. Is that only for prescreens? I haven't noticed a change on my regular submissions.

Grades posted today - 20 of 22 PASSED the 9.8 pre-screen.

Clearly these books were not pre-screened the first time and somehow skipped the grading process after being verified.

Big thanks to Molly at CGC for straightening this out. I'll definitely be singing her praises to the powers that be at CGC.

Clearly, these books were not pre-screened the first time and somehow skipped the grading process after being verified.

Big thanks to Molly at CGC for straightening this out. I'll definitely be singing her praises to the powers that be at CGC.

:golfclap: That's great news! But still, the fact that it ever slipped that far in the first place is plenty scary.

Clearly these books were not pre-screened the first time and somehow skipped the grading process after being verified.

:banana:

Glad it worked out!!!