• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for: scans of Blank comic pages from golden age comics

1 post in this topic

Hi there! You might know me from reprinting the Canadian golden age comics "Nelvana of the Northern Lights" and "Brok Windsor"

I'm currently working on more golden age comic reprints, making them easily accessible to the public.

One thing I've noticed is that after restoration, the harsh black and white is often very hard on the eyes on digital screens. In addition, it requires a lot of painstaking work to make sure that the damage is restored to readable condition, and the eye is quickly distracted by any missed damage or flecks.

To that end, I've been experimented with replacing the white backgrounds after light restoration with the original aged paper texture, and have been very happy with the results. I've been using one page that was scanned for me in 1200 DPI, but am concerned the same paper texture will become repetitive over time. I don't want to create a computer-generated paper pattern.

So if any of you have any blank pages from your golden age comics, and can scan them in at least a 600 DPI for me, that would be amazing, and a huge help! No rips or tears or writing, yellowing is more than fine (even preferred). My email is nicholson.hope@gmail.com.

An example of a restored comic page with the re-added paper texture:

CT-oPVKUAAAEkuS.jpg