• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome Con, June 3 - 5, 2016, Washington, DC

5 posts in this topic

Awesome Con is returning again this year!

http://www.awesome-con.com/

June 3 - 5, 2016

Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Washington, DC

Same weekend as Wizard World Philadelphia, so I'm curious to see how the guest list shakes out.

Guests announced so far:

Morena Baccarin

Burt Ward

Adam West

I'd like to go because it's my local show and will likely be way less busy than Philly, but I've not been to Philly yet and I feel like they are more likely to get the Whedonverse/Whoniverse people I haven't met yet.

Next year is gonna be a weird year for shows: Toronto Fan Expo, Dragon Con, Salt Lake City, and Baltimore are all the same weekend.

Been a few months since the last bump.

They are adding more guests, but mostly media guests. Just a few confirmed comic artists and writers. I had a good time at the show last year, but not sure that it'll be better than WW Philly (same weekend).

If they do the panel set up like last year, I think it's a better show to go to if you want to go to the big panels it's a lot easier than Wizard World since the big panels are all in one room that holds thousands. Last year, there were always seats left in every panel.