• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade - FF #21

12 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #21

Minor spine roll with numerous tiny tears at the top of front cover which are hard to see in the scan - otherwise a very solid book.

Opinions welcome!

FF21Front.jpg

FF21Back.jpg

Looks like a 6.0 but is there slight staple pull/tear forming at the bottom? Would that bump this out of a 6.0 garde?

There is a slight staple pull at the bottom staple with a tiny tear - good eye Surfer thumbsup2.gif Minor staple tears are allowed in the Fine grade I believe - although I'm not sure how the experts at CGC would treat this - personally I think a 5.0 - 6.0 grade having the book in hand. Hard one to call.

Looks like a 6.0 but is there slight staple pull/tear forming at the bottom? Would that bump this out of a 6.0 garde?

There is a slight staple pull at the bottom staple with a tiny tear - good eye Surfer thumbsup2.gif Minor staple tears are allowed in the Fine grade I believe - although I'm not sure how the experts at CGC would treat this - personally I think a 5.0 - 6.0 grade having the book in hand. Hard one to call.

I have seen books at 9.0 with slight staple pulls. I seem to recall one in 9.4, but can't remember which book. Something I saw on Heritage maybe?

In any event, it'll have virtually no effect on the grade at the 6.0/7.0 level.