• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book show

28 posts in this topic

I like to put the price on the front cover since it eliminates some of the price questions but I understand why some people put the price on the back to entice someone to ask about a book and get the book in their hands.

I'm one of those weird people that hate to ask the price of something, especially at a busy convention. If there is a price there and it's at least somewhere in the ballpark of what I had in mind, then I will engage.

Ok sounds like everyone prefers to see the price

+1

I wonder if some dealers "hide" their prices so other dealers can scope out the pricing competition and drop their prices....

if it's a small show I dont think you'd have to worry about that...

I always put the price on the front of the book for the reasons that others note above. In addition to this, I will write important info on the back of backing boards when applicable, such as 1st appearances or damage that is not obvious on the cover (missing MVS, tears, writing inside, missing pages and so on). When dealing with GA books I will make a note if it is a CDN edition and provide a page count. This helps me to remember any problems or issues that I might forget about and puts customers at ease knowing that I am being transparent about condition problems and can answer questions about 1st appearances.

I always put the price on the front of the book for the reasons that others note above. In addition to this, I will write important info on the back of backing boards when applicable, such as 1st appearances or damage that is not obvious on the cover (missing MVS, tears, writing inside, missing pages and so on). When dealing with GA books I will make a note if it is a CDN edition and provide a page count. This helps me to remember any problems or issues that I might forget about and puts customers at ease knowing that I am being transparent about condition problems and can answer questions about 1st appearances.

I love it when sellers do this. Everyone do this, please.

I'd prefer that the price AND the seller's grade be on the front cover.

Saves me and the dealer time so he doesn't have to pull down that looks from the cover to be a 8.0 only to find it has a coupon cut out or is missing its MVS.

I plan to price my raw books 10% below eBay prices for semi key books. Key books 5% below recent sales and other books 20% below. Major keys will be close to eBay price

For key books, price them at market or even slightly above. Basically think of replacement cost. If you sold the book what would it cost you to replace it? That should be the price IMHO.

I'd imagine a comic show in Daytona with 100 dealers will have a lot of new dealers/people selling private stuff. Get set up early so you have time to ravage their boxes before the show starts. Insist on a dealer discount.