• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil Volume 1 Runs Whos got em, who wants em, etc.

8 posts in this topic

I have scanned in 1-205 front and back (minus five currently at CGC). I will complete the 206-380 hopefully by the end of next week. They are so beautiful, the scans came in great. Each side of the comic was scanned in as a 4.6mb .bmp. I am using an HP Scanjet 4200C.

Kat, my web designer, is working on an interface for me so I can throw each pic up on the web, after that is complete, she is converting the pics from their full scan to web viewable. I believe this is going to be my main selling tool.

Too bad you can not scan like this before you buy every comic.

I want everyone out there with a run of Daredevil volume 1 to brag about their collection. How many CGCs do you have, etc.

Tell me what I am up against. I will be putting the lot on the web after I am satisfied with my scans to see how the whole collection fares. You can email me at asellers98@yahoo.com if you feel I need to swap out a book for a better one you have. I do not have endless funds, since I am buying a house and paying off two cars in a less than four months, but any economical editions to the collection that would allow it to sell better, I would take into consideration.

For those of you who asked to see my Daredevil #1 I have posted it temporarily in my yahoo pictures. Tell me the flaws you see in it, and if it really warrants an 8.0. I thought for sure it would get at least a 9.0. But I am new to this whole CGC thing, and will not pretend to know.

Darevdevil #1 is located here under Daredevil Collection

I will give you what I was told by Brunoq when I bought them. I am testing the water with these five to see how accurate his descriptions are. So I will find out soon.

This is what Brunoq wrote in his ebay auction:

#2 very fine to near mint, light sheen sun wear on top front. Back side has small 1/4 inch smudge on lettering and very light water stain on bottom center.

#14 near mint- (high gloss), date stamp middle front cover

#16 very fine to near mint plus, small date stamp on top cover, (georgeous color). very nice.

#17 near mint possible 9.4. very, very, minor marvle chipping on top which is about 1/16 inch. (Beautiful copy). (Send this one in for a CGC grading when you get it).

#20 near mint very nice copy

I need Daredevil 1, 308,310, 331 up. Other than that, I've got the set. If anyone has NM copies and are willing to deal, please PM me. (Except for the #1 - gonna look for a nice restored copy)

Marvel Knights? I need 38 and 40.

If I didn't know the grade, I would have given it an 8.5 to a 9.0 somewhere. Sure it's got stress cracks, but the cover is white so it's got appeal. Marvel chipping never is too serious for CGC and only the upper right corner has any real visible damage. The other 3 corners look pretty decent. Nice book, one that I'd be proud to own.