• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1944 All-New Comics ZEBRA Title Page

1 post in this topic

This is a page of original art featuring The Zebra (John Doyle) It comes from All-New Comics #10, September 1944 (Schomburg cover). Other stories in this book (from GCD) include Terror In Transylvania with Boy Heroes by Louis Cazeneuve (Arturo's brother), and two Joe Kubert stories, Murder At The Terminal, and Witches Kill At Midnight. Sounds like a great book, but I never found a cheap reading copy. This page has possible pencils by Pierce Rice, who worked in the same studio as the Cazeneuves, though he was in WWII effective 1943.

The Zebra originated in Green Hornet #7, June 1942, and appeared as a regular back-up story in that book. I believe this is the only Zebra story in the All-New Comics run. boardzebra_zpsql8l3zbe.jpg

This is a great early page by Cazeneuve, and I put a (removeable) replacement title on it. Thanks for checking it out! David

$750 or make offer.