• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my first ever GA hero book -- Batman #52

51 posts in this topic

Here is what the page quality looks like. There's a bit of tanning at the edges of the interior pages, but beyond the first 1/8 to 1/4 inch of tanning, the paper is nice and bright. And yes, that's an original ad for Superboy #1. cloud9.gif

low-flash.jpg

Cool Viking story!

Even with the slight tanning, those pages appear to be nice and supple. I suppose you'd call that a CGC Light Tan to Off-White?

No, I'd call it off white with minor interior tanning on edges of pages. confused-smiley-013.gif

Given the GA standards:

8.0 sumo.gif

the flaws are minor and the book just kicks . given that it's 55 years old and in this great shape, i'd agree with the 8.0 grade........

while the edges are slightly tanning, the interior pages by the spine are surprisingly white.

and, it's a totally cool cover..............(thumbs up

Cool Viking story!

Even with the slight tanning, those pages appear to be nice and supple. I suppose you'd call that a CGC Light Tan to Off-White?

No, I'd call it off white with minor interior tanning on edges of pages. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd call it cream to off-white. confused-smiley-013.gif

Cool Viking story!

I'd call it cream to off-white. confused-smiley-013.gif

Could be, I guess. I don't know how CGC deals with inside pages that just have a thin strip on the outside edges that is much darker than the rest of the pages.

By the way, if it gets a 7.5 or 8.0, it'll be top census. cloud9.gif

Scoot,

Nice score! thumbsup2.gif

I'd join the 8.0 club but for that small piece missing from the LRFC . . .

7.5 sumo.gif O/W pages with notation "Light tanning at edges"

hi.gif

Thanks David! I would be thrilled with a 7.5, since I paid basically 6.0 Guide for the book.

I don't think they do notes on the label anymore for tanning though, do they? I haven't ever seen it on a new label.

8.0 are you going to slab that puppy?

Yes. I'm going to use my CS coupon on this one and a couple of other new acquisitions. I'll let everyone know what it gets. If it gets an 8.0, I am going to be pumped! But my guess is 7.5 for the exact reasons that David suggested, unless I get lucky.

So are you still going to be pumped if it "only" comes back as a vf-?

7.5 is still top census, so yes. I will be very excited if it comes back 7.5. cloud9.gif

7.5 is still top census, so yes. I will be very excited if it comes back 7.5. cloud9.gif

Just a little kidding Counselor, in case you missed it. So here is a flowerred.gif and a yay.gif

Just a little kidding Counselor, in case you missed it. So here is a flowerred.gif and a yay.gif

headbang.gif

That is one seriously cool book (I was going with VF- as well on grade). So how did Batman end up on the ship? Have you read it yet?

No, I haven't had time. That's a lotta pages there! I'm used to the modern books that take 5 minutes to read. 27_laughing.gif

+ you have to be sooooo careful with that one. Takes twice as long: make sure the dog can't jump around you, no food crumbs nor liquid spillage allowed with 10 feet, no wife to move it around, ... yeah very tiring but we wants to know how the heck Vikings came into play in this story sumo.gif

+ you have to be sooooo careful with that one. Takes twice as long: make sure the dog can't jump around you, no food crumbs nor liquid spillage allowed with 10 feet, no wife to move it around, ... yeah very tiring but we wants to know how the heck Vikings came into play in this story sumo.gif

Does that mean I can't read it in the can? Sheesh, I may never get around to reading it now. foreheadslap.gif