• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you read Action 1?

29 posts in this topic

I thought it was interesting that is was b/w for some stories and color for some others. I hadn't run across any other old comics that did that. Was that a common thing for those really earlier comics?

Action #7 is the same way. Anyone know when Action Comics went to full color?

I thought it was interesting that is was b/w for some stories and color for some others. I hadn't run across any other old comics that did that. Was that a common thing for those really earlier comics?

Based upon my memory, this was very common with the early GA books. This is especially true for the early Centaurs and pre-hero DC books from the mid 1930's.

page1.jpg

Yes!

Even then insect strength was respected in comics!

laugh.gif

Is DC gonna sue Marvel now over Ant-Man or Spider-Man?

27_laughing.gif

Noted an error on the site:

While on page 19 the link option to go to page 20 didn't appear. All the other page links were there. Go to next page option worked though.

sumo.gif

Edit:

Another error on page 35.

The 35 doesn't blackout like it should and if you click the 35 it takes you back to 34.

foreheadslap.gif

Edit number two:

Error 3:

Page 44 is the same as page 4, but was able to get to the real page 44 by using next page link on 43.

Edit number three:

Error 4... frown.gif

Page 59:

No link to 60 appears and the link to 61 is broke.

Go to next page still works.

~Just trying to be helpful to the webmaster. flowerred.gif

Wow.

If I burn these to CD I can read them on my laptop in the bathroom.

I can tell everyone I read an action 1 on the can! 27_laughing.gif

If you notice the "instructions" on the inside cover page, it tells impressionable young kids to go to the story that is in black and white and "color it", then CUT OUT THE PAGES and send it to them for a contest. I wonder how many Action 1's have those pages missing......

Wow.

If I burn these to CD I can read them on my laptop in the bathroom.

I can tell everyone I read an action 1 on the can! 27_laughing.gif

That would make it the rare "asscan variant".

IAN! PAGING IAN!!!