• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just in Case...

2 posts in this topic

Or a Second thirty in thirty???

I posted about CBCS in a journal earlier today. I'm hoping it will not be deleted, but in case it was, here is another one to keep the streak alive.

Covers, let's talk about covers. Graded books can not be read unless the slab is cracked. I don't know anyone purchasing a premium comic book at a premium price just to read it. I'm sure Vince didn't crack open the Action Comics #1 just for that purpose.

I will continue to send in the following...

New Mutants 58

New Mutants Annual 4

New Mutants Annual 1(for signatures)

My Birthday Year/Month books

... and whatever covers I like.

I purchased a beautiful copy of Strange Tales. I have enjoyed this cover for years but never purchased it until this year. On top of my choice books, I'm allowing myself to send in ten books to get graded, ten books because of the cover alone, ten books that I won't care about the grade.

And that is difficult to do. I love having my Daredevil issue 1 in a 4.0. I wouldn't mind eventually getting a higher grade, but I don't particularly like the cover. Even Amazing Spider-Man 50, as iconic as it is, isn't very colorful. Which reminded me how much I love those one color comic books (actually two) like FF 75. Great, more books to send in.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb

17087.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb

Ok now you're just pushing your luck, haha. Can't wait for ECCC so we can check out cool covers together. I'm all about books that have appearances of characters not normally associated with that book so I'm always on the hunt for those...prime example is ASM 86 featuring Black Widow. Gotta get a reader and who knows maybe a high grade copy someday as well. I'm learning more and more that it's not always about the book you want but about the book that's available. So if I'm at my LCS or at a show, I may see a book at the right price and grade that I otherwise never would have considered but it looks cool so I snag it! Same mindset with books I already own...I end up with 2 and can keep it or sell it later for something else. Very fun.